Model Cars Magazine Forum

Auto ID#49 FINISHED

You mean, don't mention that is a Dunderpoop GT here?

Jon, Jon, Jon, it'a a Dunderpoop GTC, not the lowly GT model! (You can tell by the deluxe hubcaps, the color-keyed steering wheel, and the ever-popular "Cloud-O-Fog" hood ornament) But you're right, you aren't supposed to say what it is on here... Harry doesn't like it when you do that! :D

(BTW: I like the little Corvair pic on your post!)

Edited by CorvairJim

You mean, don't mention that is a Dunderpoop GT here?

Jon, Jon, Jon, it'a a Dunderpoop GTC, not the lowly GT model! (You can tell by the deluxe hubcaps, the color-keyed steering wheel, and the ever-popular "Cloud-O-Fog" hood ornament)

Guys your bouth wrong. Its a Dunderpoop Compressor. Since it s got just one windshield wiper.

Guys your bouth wrong. Its a Dunderpoop Compressor. Since it s got just one windshield wiper.

Well, DUH! Whaddaya think the "C" in "GTC" stands for? You're thinking of the 1955 model, and this is clearly a 1956! You gotta look at ALL the details when you're identifying a classic Dunderpoop! The "Cloud-O-Fog" hood ornament wasn't even available in '55...

Come on guys! Dunderpoop!?!? Really!?!? That my friends is a 1968 Tugamypudin! I can see how you would be confused though as it shares the same "Cloud-O-Fog" hood ornament.

Hint: The "cloud of Fog" hood ornament (along with the blacked-out license plate) was a factory option. :P

Bill, the "Tugamypudin" corporation bought the body and trim dies from Dunderpoop after they ceased production in the early 60's. All Dunderpoops were right-hand drive, but everybody knows that all Tugamypudins had LEFT hand drive!

(Matt, EVERYBODY is from "the other side" of one "pond" or another to someone else somewhere: To someoine in Vermont, you folks in Nebraska are on the other side of the Great Lakes!)

Actually when you look closely at that face, you see some hints of the mini cooper. :D

three8.jpg

bluebird-1200-deluxe-1960.jpg

It is really similar to early Nissans and Austins - mainly because Nissan worked with Austin in the 50s - but I don't know if Suzuki did as well. Looks like they did or just used the same design.