Model Cars Magazine Forum

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there:

"I got the engine almost done.Just need to plumb the rad hoses.Has anyone plumbed this engine before?"

I am in the middle of building this same truck as a mild custom....

Here is the link to current progress;

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=72635

As for plumbing the engine I use Pony Bead Tube.... from the bead section at Hobby Lobby.

It is .080 outside diameter and .040 inside diameter...

I drill a .033 hole in the front of the intake and one in outlet at the bottom of the water pump....then ACC .033 brass pins in place...

Slip the tube over the pins and cut to length... I also use the same pin set up on the radiator... once you have the tube cut to length you can use a dot of ACC on both ends to secure it.

This is really good material for radiator hoses since it is so soft it really resists kinking even going around tight bends.....

See the photo below.... not mounted in the frame yet but that is next...

Hope this helps...

Bill

EngineFront-vi.png

Edited by Duntov

Real nice work on the truck Jeremy. I love all the details your putting into it, frame, skull switch box, the B.A.D steering wheel that looks identical to the real thing and the paint/polishing came out great. Keep it up, your almost there.

Thanx I appreciate that. I had a slight set back with the polishing of the bed of the truck. For some odd reason the paint started to lift while I was polishing it.So long story short it is in the pond.
Ahh that sucks. Have you asked anyone on the forum what might have happened? I'm curious to know what it could of been. Maybe some grease/dirt or possibly could of been the weather you painted in? Could be a number of things.

No idea what went wrong.I think the paint might not have been 100% cured when I started to polish it.

Small update the cab is all polished.

DeadmansHandBuildUp122_zps92c5034b.jpg

DeadmansHandBuildUp123_zps6653bc40.jpg

DeadmansHandBuildUp124_zps63b8d6d8.jpg

Just waiting for the bed to finish up in the pond then its round 2 on the bed.

Thanx for lookin'

Jeremy