Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mud Tires?

I wanna take the R-M snow plow 4X4 GMC and make a good ol' southern mudder from it. Where could I get Super Swampers or Ground Hawgs from? I see that BNL Resins has the boggers, just limited source. Where else can these be had? Seen them on eBay, just not gonna spend $40 a set!

Alan at Ma's resin repops the Super Swamper Boggers in soft rubber:

http://public.fotki.com/cnaind/truck-tires--wheels/off-road--pickup-tires/page2.html

tslss-vi.jpg

The Ground Hawgs used to be available in a corrected version (sidewall lettering on BOTH sides, directional tread) from Arrowhead Aluminum, but no longer :(

Sure wish someone would redo the old kit tires & offer them in resin and/or rubber again! B)

• 2 weeks later...

Check the toy aisle at a Dollar store, Target or Wal Mart. Many times they have some simple trucks with nice mud tires that work great on models.

There are some kits out there that came with mud tires but they are out of production and can get pricey on eBay or at swap meets. Keep your eyes open, sometimes a builder comes up cheap on eBay.