Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell Aussie T900

_DSC5524.jpg

The Kenny has been neglected for far too long. Took a little break from the Autocar. In the last two days I worked pretty hard, and I'm satisfied with where it is now seeing as how it was sitting as an engine and chassis for months.

Worked on it until I hit a wall last night. I need to put a gloss coat on the cab and bonnet before I can do anything else to it. I was going to finish painting up the accent pieces (mirrors, badges etc.) until I could get to the store to get some gloss coat, but I ran out of aluminum plate metalizer last night as well i.e. I spilled a whole brand new bottle. My last bottle. And to get more it's either order online or take a four hour round trip to Newcastle to get more.

Anyway, here's where he sits.

_DSC5569.jpg

_DSC5573.jpg

_DSC5601.jpg

_DSC5602.jpg

_DSC5625.jpg

_DSC5628.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, I'm nearing completion. Just tacking on the last few bits of trim. But how the blazes do these mirrors go on? Anyone got any tips or close up pics of how you got yours on?

Here is one that I did.

Thanks. The pics really helped a lot.

hello tyson your kw is comming along very nice. i have a question. i've been looking at this kit on ebay.and i was wondering if it's lefthand drive. or righthand?

It's either. It's an optional build, since there are parts in the kit to make it left or right hand.

Well, it's almost done. I decided to go ahead and make my own mirror mounts. The sprue was missing the top part of one mirror assembly and one other piece was broken. After putting together the one complete mirror mount and test fitting it it just looked like ######. It sat WAY too far forward for my liking and was touching the breather, so I tossed the whole lot and built my own. And what a pain in the butt that was. Not so much the building, since I can usually eye things close to spot on, but getting them to sit properly while the glue dried so they weren't all saggy.

Got the job done though. Just a few minor touch ups, some weathering, a bit of clear coat and a final glue down and it'll be all finished with pics forthcoming.

Technically not done, since there's still some stuff I want to add, and now that I've got a good look at it in the sune I can see a few places that need touching up. But I can't keep you guys waiting any longer. I guess we can consider this one in the final phase of build-up.

And I just had to put that hand print on the sleeper door. I don't think I've ever seen a dusty truck without at least part of a hand print somewhere on it.

_DSC5942.jpg

_DSC5945.jpg

_DSC5954.jpg

_DSC5957.jpg

_DSC6013.jpg

_DSC5967.jpg

_DSC5979.jpg

_DSC5984.jpg

_DSC5999.jpg

_DSC6002.jpg

Edited by Tyson