Model Cars Magazine Forum

About the upcoming convert. Hudson...

Jon Cole

Does anyone know when the convertible version of the '52 Hudson Hornet will be available? An item order number also?

Please, Moebius, both an up-top, and the convertible boot cover. Also consider wire wheels. Thanks!

It will be available mid 2012. I'm working on the box art now. It has a completely new interior and convertible boot, but no up top or wire wheels. (You can use the Kelsey-Hayes wires from the upcoming Chrysler 300 kit if you want to go this route. I believe Kelsey-Hayes was the supplier for both cars and the wheels are the same except for some minor differences in the center cap.)

K-H did indeed supply Hudson with wire wheels, so the 300 ones would work.

Hmmm....perhaps Moebius could sell those separately with a set of whitewalls? Might be a good seller.

As to the up-top, thinking of the over-all shape, the one in the AMT '51 Chevy is good general start. You might also be able to use the one from the '50 Ford and have it come out okay.

Charlie Larkin

I'm not too worried about the lack of an up-top. If I wanted to 'seal off' the interior, I'll just build one of the '53's I already have! :lol: Just use the boot and have fun detailing out that interior, and keep it in a display case if you're worried about dust. That's what I'm gonna do. B)

• 2 months later...

Here's a sneak peak at the test shot I built and the photography I shot for the box art of the upcoming Moebius '52 Hudson Convertible. No release date yet, probably later this year.

52_hudson_convert2.jpg

52_hudson_convert1.jpg

52_hudson_convert_5.jpg

52_hudson_convert4.jpg

52_hudson_convert3.jpg

Update: Here's the final box art for the kit I just completed.

52_convert_boxtop.jpg

52_convert_boxart_fullweb.jpg

Edited by S. Svendsen