Model Cars Magazine Forum

'57 Ford Reference Pictures- Interior? Engine?

I maybe missing something in what you posted above Art. Reading what you you wrote, I get the impression that your claiming the Custom, Custom 300, and Fairlane to be the same basic car. Then the Fairlane 500 something else again. This is not 100% correct. The '57 Customs, Custom 300s and station wagons (and Rancheros) share many body parts and are all built on the same wheelbase of 116". The Fairlanes and Fairlane 500s shared bodies and were built on 118" wheelbase. Note, the 116" wheelbase cars are all sedans and wagons with conventional 50's style of window frames on the doors. The Fairlanes and Failane 500s were available as sedans (club coupes) and hardtops. The sedans/club coupes having thin bright metal door frames. All convertibles were part of the Fairlane 500 series.

I was a little unclear on what you wrote Art. So I thought I'd clarify. Especially when it came to the "plain" Fairlanes in 1957.

Scott

You are correct, Scott. Fairlanes and Fairlane 500s bodies have entirely different sheet metal from the cowl back. The '57 and '58 Fairlane 500 Skyliner retractable hardtop convertible has its own unique doors, quarter panels, decklid, rear panel, and floor pan.

• 2 months later...

khier, on 22 Jan 2015 - 06:42 AM, said:snapback.png

Did they build an equivalent to this car in Canada? It would be interesting to build the Canadian version if it existed. And the same for the Custom.

Yes. Plus Meteor versions too.

Scott

use the Meteor Grille for the AMT 57 Ford kit

Al... B)