Model Cars Magazine Forum

'32 Tudor Sedan (before the new one comes out)

Lyle Willits

I built this one a couple of years ago using a somewhat modified Switchers body. Had to scratchbuild the interior side panels. Modified a bench seat for the front and used another Revell '32 seat for the back. The whole thing is built on the Revell '32 3-window kit.

DSCN5873-vi.jpg

Oh yeah,,,,it's chopped.

DSCN5874-vi.jpg

DSCN5879-vi.jpg

DSCN5878-vi.jpg

DSCN5881-vi.jpg

I built this one a couple of years ago using a somewhat modified Switchers body. Had to scratchbuild the interior side panels. Modified a bench seat for the front and used another Revell '32 seat for the back. The whole thing is built on the Revell '32 3-window kit.

Nice job Lyle! Where did you get the Chevy engine from?

Nice job Lyle! Where did you get the Chevy engine from?

It's a small block Chevy and it came from some kit and probably parts from the parts box.

I'm not trying to be a wise guy, but 2 or 3 years after a build, I have no idea where I got an engine or a specific part.

I DO remember that any small block Chevy will fit just right in the Revell '32 Ford frame simply by moving the motor mounts 1/8th inch forward. ;)

Ok Lyle, great build as usual, but you need to explain the hood to me. Did you cut the louvers by hand or what? The hinges I get, I am curious how you did the louvers. Thanks. P.S. the seats look great, from what I can see of them, also the license plate is a neat touch.

I thin the hood sides from the inside with a Dremel and then cut open each louver with a NEW #11 blade. It takes awhile, but it's worth it when done. I've opened the louvers on street rod models many times.

DSCN0057-vi.jpg

DSCN0821-vi.jpg