Model Cars Magazine Forum

Pro Street Community Build Project

1320wayne

And here's the fix for the seam, more embossing powder! I masked off the speakers and the rest of the chassis, and laid down a nice coat of embossing powder, the seam is now gone, another problem solved, all I have left now is the foil on the sides and door handles, side windows, gluing the front wheels on, adding the P.E locks, back bumper, and the valve cover bolts and she'll be finished!

SuperDuster209-vi.jpg

SuperDuster210-vi.jpg

SuperDuster211-vi.jpg

SuperDuster212-vi.jpg

looking good guys wish i had some big treds.. i got a grand national`kit just sitting think it work make a good pro street ride. keep up the great work love watchin some day will have to step up. but told my self not buying a new kit just for meats.lol

Well, it's obvious that my Duster just doesn't want to be built. :angry: So, I'm going to oblige it and take the wheels,tires and cut the tubs off the chassis and put them under something else. The rest of it will go back in the box. It's fought me the whole way and I'm just tired of it. It's time to move on to something else.

Well, it's obvious that my Duster just doesn't want to be built. :angry: So, I'm going to oblige it and take the wheels,tires and cut the tubs off the chassis and put them under something else. The rest of it will go back in the box. It's fought me the whole way and I'm just tired of it. It's time to move on to something else.

that's too bad, and i have a duster or 2 slated down the road. did you take the pictures down too? hmmm, absolutly no trace. well, good luck on whatever you pick next. keep us posted.

looking good guys wish i had some big treds.. i got a grand national`kit just sitting think it work make a good pro street ride. keep up the great work love watchin some day will have to step up. but told my self not buying a new kit just for meats.lol

yea, the days of buying kits "for parts" are pretty much over for me too. if you post up in the wanted section for some big ol steam rollers, i am sure you will get some hits. it would be nice if you could join in with the rest of us....

Here is a small bit of progress that I was able to accomplish. The hood scoop work is complete and just needs some minor smoothing and I added pieces to the bottom of the body sides to give it a more agressive look. I still have some minor body work to finish up before final priming and readying it for paint.

DSCN0785-vi.jpg

DSCN0786-vi.jpg

DSCN0787-vi.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys, we are falling down the list. any progress? i finally stopped fighting myself and will do a complete frame under my 62 pontiac. still looking at other projects to finish, still getting the room in order, just havent focused on this build yet. now the debate is whether i get photo etched stuff for the chassis or not. never worked with it and my 53 year old eyes need more light to even see the parts on the trees let alone some microscopic part that i just know i will drop. some progress shots should be posted up this weekend. hope you all are doing something, hate to see this build go to the second or third page.

i dont oject!i want to see that thing done up.

You have that right Al i think i have everything lined up and ready to go with mock up. My 1st pro street build not box stock.so it will be my 1st rear stub install should be good.The good doctor's video have really helped out so will be sharing pics when i start on her. Thanks Jamie

Edited by hardhitter

i dont oject!i want to see that thing done up.

You have that right Al i think i have everything lined up and ready to go with mock up. My 1st pro street build not box stock.so it will be my 1st rear stub install should be good.The good doctor's video have really helped out so will be sharing pics when i start on her. Thanks Jamie

cool, the more the marrier, within the rules of course. let me state that i am part of this too cause i have just tore down the pontiac and am gathering up parts, but its like alot of posts. many people jumped in with both feet but have seem to have faded, hey life gets in the way, i understand completely, there were some awesome builds going on and i would like to see this thread continue.

not whining, just a hard core pro streeter at heart and love to see um!!! i will be posting up this weekend on the progress of mine. being a community build and having a friendly nudge by people posting thier progress every once in a while sure helps.

Jamie. i have your M/T's ready to go, i added some centerlines in there to give you a choice.

I don't object.

very cool!! so Marshall, i guess your in!!

OK, let's bring this baby up to speed again. I got my side window in place on the driver's side and did a quick test-fit with the chassis and interior to make sure I didn't have any issues, thankfully it fit like a glove! I didn't get so lucky with the six-pack air cleaner though, it was still a bit too tall. So I cut a huge groove i the bottom of it, and it finally fits and allows the hood to close properly. Then I got all the foil work done, all that's left now is the door handles, PE locks, front tires and back bumper and this baby will be done! If the on-call phone settles down tomorrow, I might be able to finish her off!

SuperDuster214-vi.jpg

SuperDuster216-vi.jpg

SuperDuster213-vi.jpg

SuperDuster217-vi.jpg

SuperDuster218-vi.jpg

SuperDuster219-vi.jpg

SuperDuster220-vi.jpg

Ok guys i'm ready! This is my frist pro-street build i have a 86 monte carlo i got from a car show.still wrapped and opened it to find out it has been worked on before someone cut the engine compament out.So i'll take the monte and remove the rear stub out of a 66 nove pro-street(which is not pro-street with slicks but thanks to good guys on the forums i got some big treads) and put it in the monte. (I HOPE) been watching the good dr's videos they really helped.so i post the pics and get to work thanks jamie

post-11154-0-95043100-1366525611_thumb.j

post-11154-0-86166800-1366525614_thumb.j

post-11154-0-29658100-1366525617_thumb.j

post-11154-0-42146000-1366525620_thumb.j

post-11154-0-25386000-1366525623_thumb.j

Looks like a good choice Jamie, take your time and test-fit, test-fit, then test-fit some more! Converting a model to a Pro-Street model can be a real pain, but test-fitting the chassis a billion or so times really helps get a good looking result!

yea Jamie, real good people here to help!! do that monte justice pal, i had one started till the body got smashed. i remember these monte's tubbed out at the street machine nationals, slick looking cars. make sure you get it down low. not that hard to do. like mike said test fit many, many times. i bet i put the resin piece in my pontiac (se below) 20 times already and still have to to some trimming and gutting, and it's not even glued to the chassis yet.

anyways, finally got somewhere on my pontiac (pictures to come) i compromized with myself on the chassis and am going to back half it instead of scratch building one with a resin piece i got from a friend. will have to thin the wall of the tubs down cause they are way too thick. trying to swing a deal for some new pontiac 421 and other parts but it isn't going too well. will get some picts up tonight.

i'd like to get on this, albeit not right away as i need to get a couple kits off of my bench.

i have two entries for this:

1967 Chevelle Pro Street

Revell Monogram "Hot Rod" Pro Street Thunderbird (really cool kit btw)

i plan on detailing them out pretty nicely, including the opening the doors on the T-Bird.

i'd like to get on this, albeit not right away as i need to get a couple kits off of my bench.

i have two entries for this:

1967 Chevelle Pro Street

Revell Monogram "Hot Rod" Pro Street Thunderbird (really cool kit btw)

i plan on detailing them out pretty nicely, including the opening the doors on the T-Bird.

sure, sounds like 2 great projects. only criteria is that they have to be street legal and they cant be more tha 25% built. other than that, welcome.

sure, sounds like 2 great projects. only criteria is that they have to be street legal and they cant be more tha 25% built. other than that, welcome.

Both are treaded tires all around and aren't even started. Finishing a stock 69 charger, then finishing a couple vettes then the pro streets.

Edited by wgflatliner

Both are treaded tires all around and aren't even started. Finishing a stock 69 charger, then finishing a couple vettes then the pro streets.

great!! looking forward to them. well, i finally got something done on my pontiac, trade finally went thru, thanks Casey, a real stand up guy. need to get this chassis straightened out before the parts get here. like i said, was going to go full tube chassis, but i had this resin piece laying around, so i thought i would use that and just back half it with more chassis bracing. will get to the trunk area this weekend. i added a shot of what it looked like before i tore it apart.

post-5121-0-97740300-1367495337_thumb.jp

post-5121-0-38270200-1367495350_thumb.jp

post-5121-0-57088000-1367495364_thumb.jp

post-5121-0-53980600-1367495390_thumb.jp