Model Cars Magazine Forum

custom amt freightliner cabover dual drive questions.

Hello everyone. Im getting back into the hobby again and have a few questions about a few things.

Im going to make this truck a custom and was wanting to put some dual 10" stacks on this rig. I bought some 7/16 aluminum tube that's .30 thick as I thought I read thatwas the scale size being it was a1/24 scale model. Also going to use aome aluminum to make a texas style bumper for it. I have a buffer to get the shine but dont want it to look stupid and not correct to scale. There are a lot of trucking companys out here and I have a friend that is deep into that scene. Possibly a money maker in the long run. Its been a while so bear with me on this voyage. Thanks for your time!

For your bumper you could also use polished stainless strips. The red cabover build i just finished, thats what i used. I think it was 1 inch, in scale is huge but looked alright on the finished truck. When you stretch the drive shaft, find some small aluminum tubing. Thats how i did mine. Polish it, gives it that custom, show truck look with a shiny drive shaft.

Also, 1/24 to 1/25 isnt a big difference. But the stacks, 8" in 1/24 will look like 10" on 1/25. The differences arent big, but some are noticable. Just keep that in mind during your build, if you didnt know already.

Edited by Petetrucker07