Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Gave You Confidence or Cheered You Up Today?

LokisTyro

So what was it that restored your faith in humanity today? Did anything lift your spirits or brighten your day? Post something that happened to you today, something you saw or heard, thought of. Anything that made you feel better. It might help someone else too. Let it never end!

In a world that seems to be populated primarily by idiots and thieves, and a fair sprinkling of dangerous and violent lunatics, I'm very lucky to have a few good friends who don't qualify as any of those, and one in particular who ALWAYS sees the glass as half full, has a kind word for everyone, and still tries to see the best in people in spite of how horribly they behave. She MUST be an angel to continue to put up with me after many, many years. ;)

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

A friend of mine going through the same exact thing just found that through the same treatment I had, his PSA dropped from over 15 to .4! So it looks like he should have a good surgery outcome like mine!

Ya know, with all the petty BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH that people whine about, this is real life important! Cheers for your friend! :D

Big Roger on that Tom! I have to admit...being told you have cancer, no matter what kind, is a huge shock to your psyche! And then all the petty stuff in your life just doesn't matter at all! And now that I've had the surgery and my prognosis is looking pretty good at this point....there are just too many things that are now much more important in life. Acquiring "things" and wealth in the monetary sense jus isn't important. My wife, my kids, my grandkids and the rest of my family and my friends are what is important! :D

Last month I completed an investigation wherein I arrested a young lady. She sent me an email upon her release from the county jail thanking me. She said she was now clean and sober after four weeks at the Clark County Detention Center. She went on to say she regained custody of her children and that he and her husband will be moving on for better things after trial.

That was kind of nice.

G

Last month I completed an investigation wherein I arrested a young lady. She sent me an email upon her release from the county jail thanking me. She said she was now clean and sober after four weeks at the Clark County Detention Center. She went on to say she regained custody of her children and that he and her husband will be moving on for better things after trial.

That was kind of nice.

G

Real nice story G. love hearing good things...

Love hearing the good things also ,

Got to work today getting out of the truck ,cell phone goes off ,didn't answer in time but it was my wife

calling She was coming out of her dr.'s office and the car door wouldn't unlock (88 monte carlo ) she was in tears then figured

out that the button was for the 2000 Sierra we have and the 88 has manual locks . And no she isn't blonde but i suggested she might go that direction after the baby is born :rolleyes: yes she will beat me for the comment as she is a red head

Michael

Recently attended a funeral of a fellow motorcyclists. Saw about 300+ bikes in the procession and many different colors, cuts, clubs, ministries, groups attend. Nothing like TV portrays most of them. It was really comforting to know that were all the same when it comes to respect. If you ride im sure you understand.

Drew

I passed my Black Box cooking test at culinary school today. Now I just have to pass my written mid- term exam tomorrow.

Congrats! I passed my Certified Facility Manager exam through the International Facility Management Association on Tuesday. It has made my week, and has given me confidence that I really know my stuff! So I know what passing that test means to you!

Triple A said that the majority of their lock out calls are from people whose remote control battery died. They never tried to use an actual key on the car!

That is very true but just the fact that if ya knew my wife is what makes it so funny.

Michael