Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell Dodge Viper Coupe Micro-review

Just a Microreview as it's basically the same as the convertible, but WOW...I had a pleasent surprise when I opened the kit!

What is not mentioned anywhere on the box, or anywhere else that I have seen, as that the tailgate/hatch/trunk (whatever you want to call it) Actually opens!

The body has the same basic construction as the Convertible kit (one of my favorite new tools in quite some time) in that the side panels of the body are two seperate pieces. Unlike the Coupe, however, the rear panel that holds the taillights, liscence plate and whathaveyou is a seperate piece, which is topped off with the opening trunk/rear hatch, to reveal a nicely texured trunk area!!

I was very pleased with that when I opened it, especially because it was a complete surprise to me.

I believe the body is the only thing that has changed from the convertible, but I've not opened more then just the body bags yet, all the interior/engine/suspension parts are waiting for a later date.

I didn't even know this kit was out yet. I can't wait to begin building it, I'm going to make mine red.

The copy in the instructions are really quite nice as well, they harken back to the era when Dean Milano was doing them, and they AREN'T filled with a bunch of copywright info!

2006DecemberTNMCCmeeting022-vi.jpg

I have that kit Billy......and while it is very nice, my only disappointment are those funky wheels Revell chose to model. :)

They must've been on the prototype, because I have yet to see any Viper on the street or in the mags that has those wheels on it. I've even checked eBay Motors! :shock:

When I build mine (Lord knows when that'll be!) I'm going to put mags on it with the same low profile tires. :)

Thanks for the review!