Model Cars Magazine Forum

Scratch build challenge entry IR Suspension pics 10/2

Randy D

wow Randy, never heard of white metal really other than jewelry, did you cast the diff or just shape it? the chassis and suspension are things I have been wanting try for many years, I'm gonna give it a try on the Cuda, not sure how it will turn out!! I would like for the suspension to work in all aspects as well, don't know if I can make it all happen! keep up the beautiful craftsmanship my friend!! LOVE IT!

Thank you Bryan!!

Hi Niko, Glad you are liking this!

Hi Joe, It will be a car but not sure yet what the final form will be?? Maybe a salt flats racer or Pikes Peak Hiill Climb machine?

Hi Bill , Just shaped the diff. Pretty crude by your standards!! Really looking foward to your building the working suspension on your 'Cuda !! I'm trying that on this one but the half shafts and all the joints they have are giving me fits :angry:

The " white metal " is just a genaric term for the metal castings that are used alot in the train model world. I like to use it as it works easy with the hand tools I use.

Here are a couple of pics of these castings, 1/48th scale machinary stuff that I used in a machine shop on my train layout...

misc177-1.jpg

031-12.jpg

One of these days the Wrecker Project will be housed in a shop diorama :)

Randy

well Randy I have to tell ya, that is insanely beautiful work! it looks so real, I am assuming you have a few years experience at this by the looks of it, the wrecker is a work of art by itself, then you park it in something like this? WOW, I would love to see that in person! truely works of art my friend, I am so glad you are posting them!! thank you for sharing with us and explaining the types of materials you are using, this type of model building is new to me and I want to try my hand at it, I hope it turns out half as good as your stuff!

Hi Folks,

Zac, Sorry about that :D

Hi Bill, Appreciate the kind words!!!! You are keeping me on my toes with that awesome build you have going :)

Thanks Paul

Hello Brizio, Thank you!

Thank you Jon!

Ed, Thanks, I will post some pics in the proper section when I get a chance.

Thanks Ray!

Hi David, Glad you like it!

Jeff, Your welcome and thank you!

Working on the independent rear suspension. A couple of more ref. pics. for drive shafts and bearing plates.

010-66.jpg

001-99.jpg

more......