Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ferrari 512s progress

MonoPed

Ok, it's small progress, but at least I got the cobwebs blown off for a bit... The Ferrari kit came with both resin and PE winglets and spoilers. Some time back, I had made a one piece rear spoiler from .020" sheet. This morning, I tackled the front winglets. The resin parts were too thick to look right, and the PE parts are so thin, that they would easily be knocked off. To add strength, I cut slots in the body with a razor saw blade, using the moulded in alignment bosses as a guide. Because the nose of the car is a tad assymmetrical, I used the PE parts as a guide to make new winglets from some .010" sheet. Still need to refine the shapes just a bit, but it'll look good once painted. Is it perfect? no, but niether is the kit, and I can live with it.

Ferrari-512s-04.jpg

Thanx guys!

Had a little time this evening, so I worked on the final shape of the winglets. Now that I see it up on it's wheels, I think I got em right where they need to be. Hoping to really find my muse again and get motivated to get back at the bench more often...

Ferrari-512s-07.jpg

Great work on the Porsche 917K's enemy!!!

A question, who makes this kit?

Simón

Thanx guys!

Had a little time this evening, so I worked on the final shape of the winglets. Now that I see it up on it's wheels, I think I got em right where they need to be. Hoping to really find my muse again and get motivated to get back at the bench more often...

ferrari-mockup.jpg