Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Just got the last release of the AMT/Bill Cushenbery's Silhouette. This one was still seal, new in the box. I opened the box, and thought about the old saying about trying to put 10 pounds of poop into a 5 pound box. And that's not to say what I found in the box was poop. It was the exact opposite. The kit looks great. But, how did they get all of that plastic in there? After looking at the instructions and the parts in their bags, I put everything carefully back in, and box top back on. It doesn't go all of the way back down! Again this is not a bad thing. I'm impressed.

I have thought about purchasing one of these forever. I go through times when I think that this is a very cool looking car. And other times were I don't know what I was thinking, when I thought this was a very cool looking car. Despite that, I like the box art on the 2006 Nostalgic Series release of the kit. So I bit the bullet and bought one.

Looking at the instructions and the parts (from what I can through their bags) and seeing built versions of the kit in the past, it looks like it should be a fairly nice kit to build. I've heard the front and rear "bumpers" can be a little tricky to put on? Beyond that, I've hear nothing else bad about building this kit. Anybody else out there have comments or warnings about assembling this kit?

Scott

@Carl- Well, since that one is my second with the Hurst shifter and Linda Vaughn figure I'll open one to build and keep the other sealed. Maybe it'll be worth a little something in the future. One can only hope. :rolleyes:

Today I stopped in at Hobby Lobby and picked up the 1/16th scale General Lee. With the 40% off coupon on my phone...what the heck. Less than $20 out the door.

post-9116-0-59005800-1425762154_thumb.jp

Just got the last release of the AMT/Bill Cushenbery's Silhouette. This one was still seal, new in the box. I opened the box, and thought about the old saying about trying to put 10 pounds of poop into a 5 pound box. And that's not to say what I found in the box was poop. It was the exact opposite. The kit looks great. But, how did they get all of that plastic in there? After looking at the instructions and the parts in their bags, I put everything carefully back in, and box top back on. It doesn't go all of the way back down! Again this is not a bad thing. I'm impressed.

I have thought about purchasing one of these forever. I go through times when I think that this is a very cool looking car. And other times were I don't know what I was thinking, when I thought this was a very cool looking car. Despite that, I like the box art on the 2006 Nostalgic Series release of the kit. So I bit the bullet and bought one.

Looking at the instructions and the parts (from what I can through their bags) and seeing built versions of the kit in the past, it looks like it should be a fairly nice kit to build. I've heard the front and rear "bumpers" can be a little tricky to put on? Beyond that, I've hear nothing else bad about building this kit. Anybody else out there have comments or warnings about assembling this kit?

Scott

Hey Scott, the only two tips I can think of, are cut out the belly pan, in order to allow for easier assembly, use white glue for the bumpers ; it's a great kit - nice score

Stopped at Hobby Lobby the other day with a trusty 40% off coupon. No new releases that interested me, but I didn't want to leave empty handed. Ended up getting another Lindberg '34 Ford pickup. $16.99 list, but with the coupon it was $10.90 out the door. That's for a brand new, still Made in America kit, folks!

If you can look past the awful '90s era box art, what you're getting is really a Trophy series AMT kit that still probably has 90% of the original parts in it. Once you open the box, really the only demerits in my book are the awful 2-spoke '90s custom wheels and accompanying low profile tires.

When Round 2 purchased Lindberg, they made a point of mentioning that they would eventually return this tool to the AMT fold. Whenever they get around to that, I'm sure they will restore it to its complete, original configuration, and definitely use some retro box art. But you can bet you won't be able to drop $11 bucks on it, either. If you can live without better custom wheels/tires and nice box art, the current kit seems like a steal right now. I say get 'em while you can.

Got this off of Ebay and just came in the mail today. 1960 Ford Country Sedan Station Wagon(sellers wording) promo by Hubley. It is warped a little in the front and glass. I'm a little undecided yet, but I may put it up for a trade. SO, if you're a wagon lover, I know there's a lot of you out there, keep an eye out for it. I just need to do a little research on it before I decide.

post-9116-0-98993700-1426020317_thumb.jp

post-9116-0-57964800-1426020346_thumb.jp

post-9116-0-58177500-1426020373_thumb.jp

post-9116-0-48032200-1426020399_thumb.jp

Got this off of Ebay and just came in the mail today. 1960 Ford Country Sedan Station Wagon(sellers wording) promo by Hubley. It is warped a little in the front and glass. I'm a little undecided yet, but I may put it up for a trade. SO, if you're a wagon lover, I know there's a lot of you out there, keep an eye out for it. I just need to do a little research on it before I decide.

I love wagons.... :)

Just came today. More MCW paint.

1959 Chevy "Shadow Gray" metallic

1966 Mopar "Turbine Bronze" metallic

1967 Mopar "Light Green" metallic

1961 GM "Fawn Beige" metallic

1967 Pontiac "Royal Plum" metallic

Steve

Interesting site, but I really wish they had illustrations of the colors, and not just descriptions.

In the mail today I received a boatload of stuff. Model wise, I got an older Monogram SnapTite Shelby Charger, still in the plastic. From Model Roundup I got MPC's most recent '76 Chevy Caprice kit (I'll be using my earlier version to help in restoration of my '73 Caprice). And Fred Cady decals for my MPC Ford GT40 Mark IV kit. Plus a few other things non model related. All fun stuff. No bills.

Scott

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...