Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tamyia Toyota 86(2012)

I bought the Subaru version from Tokyo hobby, paid $32. for it

I got the Tamiya Toyota from them for that price too..

Guess I'll have to wait till Tokyo Hobby comes back from their Holiday on the 15th to see what they got it for..

Excellent sellers they are.. :D

I got the Tamiya Toyota from them for that price too..

Guess I'll have to wait till Tokyo Hobby comes back from their Holiday on the 15th to see what they got it for..

Excellent sellers they are.. :D

I agree, I have serect seller that I buy Japanese kits from, she is cheaper a lot of the times then toyko hobby, shipping too

Tell me about having to wait tell the 15th, Aoshima's 2012 Nissan R35 GTR kit is out, I had one on pre order, I got the email saying time to pay, but I have to wait tell the 15th to get it shipped , bought from HLJ

• 4 weeks later...

Hmmm, not ture, I paid $33 US for the I Tamiya kit, and I am paying $29 for the Aoshima one, granted the Aoshima one is the pre order price, its still cheaper .

Right now, at hobby search

Tamyia 86 kits is $40.75

Aoshima 86 kit is $35.66

At hobby link japan

Tamyia 86 kit $40.87

Aoshima 86 kit $ 35.76

I am not seeing how the aoshima kit cost more then the tamyia one

Please note, that these are list price, not the current the reduce prices that both are selling the kits for, but either way, tamyia is still more expensive

Just out of curiousity, did you buy yours from HLJ? $32+ for the kit, but how much is the shipping. I've never bought anything from them before. One of my LHS's has both, the Tamiya Toyota 86 and Subaru BRZ, for a list price of $70+ea, but their price at $51 and change ea. A little bit of sticker shock at either price.

Just out of curiousity, did you buy yours from HLJ? $32+ for the kit, but how much is the shipping. I've never bought anything from them before. One of my LHS's has both, the Tamiya Toyota 86 and Subaru BRZ, for a list price of $70+ea, but their price at $51 and change ea. A little bit of sticker shock at either price.

It would cost somewhere between $8 & 15 depending on how fast you want it sent to you. Very rarely is any place going to be able to match the price including shipping on a new JDM kit. Something older, then maybe, depending on the exchange rate. I bought a Tamiya 911 GT-3 at a hobby shop because it was $2 cheaper than HLJ, but they wanted $25 more than I paid for my LFA including International FedEx shipping.

I bought the Toyota one from a seller on ebay, I cant tell you how much I shipping was, because I bought two kits so shipping was around $20 or so.

If you buy from HLJ, its selling there for $32.64, and this just guess, but shipping will be around $14, thats what I paid for the last two kits I got from them. So you are looking at a total of $46.

Or you can buy from Tokyo hobby on ebay, $32+$12

It would cost somewhere between $8 & 15 depending on how fast you want it sent to you. Very rarely is any place going to be able to match the price including shipping on a new JDM kit. Something older, then maybe, depending on the exchange rate. I bought a Tamiya 911 GT-3 at a hobby shop because it was $2 cheaper than HLJ, but they wanted $25 more than I paid for my LFA including International FedEx shipping.

I bought the Toyota one from a seller on ebay, I cant tell you how much I shipping was, because I bought two kits so shipping was around $20 or so.

If you buy from HLJ, its selling there for $32.64, and this just guess, but shipping will be around $14, thats what I paid for the last two kits I got from them. So you are looking at a total of $46.

Or you can buy from Tokyo hobby on ebay, $32+$12

Thanks guys. Call it $33... I'd pay that off the shelf...$45-$50+ with or without shipping...no. Just too steep for a 1/24 kit...even for a Tamiya.

I saw those on FB this morning, it's actually pretty interesting how tossing some Weds Sports on fatter tires and painting it black make it look so much more bad...ahhh sinister that's the ticket! ^_^

I'm anxiously awaiting the release at the end of the month. I see the 101 doesn't have the spoiler and comes with a manual tranny option, the 100 is a "run of the mill" 86 has the spoiler but an automatic.

Edited by niteowl7710

• 2 weeks later...

I just picked up the Subaru version yesterday, and as posted, the only differences are the body parts that are Subaru specific and that the body is molded in blue instead of white. As mentioned, only the top part of the engine is present, but on the 1:1, that's all you can really see with the hood up anyway. I only have two gipes about the kit, one is the lack of seat backs (easy fix), the other is that it only has the RHD dashboard.

Reading that the Aoshima kit is will the scion FR-S building option, I would take it that it will also have the LHD dash, since the Scion is only sold in North America.

Reading that the Aoshima kit is will the scion FR-S building option, I would take it that it will also have the LHD dash, since the Scion is only sold in North America.

Correct, it includes both RHD & LHD dashes along with parts/decals to make the JDM 86, the European 86 GT, and the Scion. Aoshima also announced last week they are doing a BRZ version along with the BRZ STi prototype.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm anxiously awaiting the release at the end of the month. I see the 101 doesn't have the spoiler and comes with a manual tranny option, the 100 is a "run of the mill" 86 has the spoiler but an automatic.

Judging from the instructions posted on Hobby Search, the wing is on the sprue in 101, it is just not being used.