Model Cars Magazine Forum

71 Cuda, all aluminum hemi

vintagedragfan

Looking gret as always Bill. Have been super busy lately, but will be jumping back in full force here soon.

Corey

hey stranger! I thought you fell off the planet, I'm sure you are itching to get back to it, thanks man!

Awesome stuff Bill, your going to machine the rear for it to right? lol

hey Joe, I have been kicking it around, not sure what I'm going to do with it yet, not even sure what type of rear end I'm going to use yet, any suggestions?? thanks Joe

Bill I have no question that It will turn out Beautiful. I sure wish I could see your stuff in person.

hi Chris, it would be very cool to meet you and see your stuff too, you guy's live on the other side of the planet from me, lol maybe some day I hope, I'm going to try and make the GSL show this year, you planning on going? I appreciate it!!

SERIOUSLY.... some fantastic work going on Bill...

thanks Tyrone, if it turns out half as nice as your stuff I will be very happy with it!

HI Bill,

I have just gone through the entire thread and I have to say that there are real cars on the road and on race tracks that are not built with this level of engineering, precision and detail. I am in complete awe of your work.

That engine freakin awesome. Does it start? :D It looks like it would.

Beautiful work! looks 10X better than my cuda :lol:

thanks a lot Jason

I thought at first that you stole "Scale Master" Mark's giant ruler, but I see yours says "Pittsburgh", not "General". Beautiful work, Bill. I've been enjoying this from the beginning.

Mark would probably get upset if I stole his ruler! thanks Hugh

A true Tour of force in the art of scale modeling, the concept,craftsmanship and attention to detail is MAGNIFICENT. Looking forward to the next update.

really appreciate the kind words Fred

HI Bill,

I have just gone through the entire thread and I have to say that there are real cars on the road and on race tracks that are not built with this level of engineering, precision and detail. I am in complete awe of your work.

That engine freakin awesome. Does it start? :D It looks like it would.

I sure wish it did start Chris! thanks so much

Absolutely AWESOME! I'm learning a lot!! I want to make my own frame some day.

Keep it up bro!!

thank you Cesar, you should start building one soon, it was time for me to give it a try

Holy cow! All I can do is second everything everyone else has said. Just incredible!

hey Chris, thanks man

As always, just beautiful work. Im assuming for all the bends and kinks in the brass, you are doing it in small sections and soldering it together?

Brandon, I appreciate it, yes you are correct, I don't know if that is right or wrong, but that is pretty much what I have been doing

What an incredible joy to watch you build this car! B)

thanks so much Bruce

then I started to work on making a fab9 housing, not sure if it will turn out good enough to use or not, just have to see how it goes, first I made a jig to be able to hold things and all so for a reference as to the axle tubes to the housing, I drilled a piece of aluminum to except the axleIMG_1393-vi.jpg

then cut a piece of brass and bent it the same as the center of a fab9 housing

IMG_1394-vi.jpg

then I used a piece of card stock to get a basic shape for the sides of the housing, which are one piece on all that I have looked at

IMG_1395-vi.jpg

then transposed it to some brass

IMG_1396-vi.jpgIMG_1397-vi.jpg

and here is the end result, I still need to do the other side but I think it is going to work, wish me luck!

IMG_1399-vi.jpg

thanks for checking in on the progress!

Edited by vintagedragfan