Model Cars Magazine Forum

Sinister Camaro

Pullin Gears

Hello, my name is Kevin, I am new to the forum. Great work on here! These are some in-progress pictures of a Camaro I've been messing with. All the window trim molding was removed, the hood scoop is scratchbuilt and molded in.IMG_9739-vi.jpg

The paint is Duplicolor touch-up spray metallic grey, with Testor's gloss black, followed by high gloss clear.IMG_9737-vi.jpg

This was an old gule bomb, which is why it got shaved. The chassis and interior are in poor shape. The interior tub will probably get fogged semigloss black, and possibly get a roll bar. It will sit low, wheels are undecided...pegasus chrome T's with black centers??? I am going to build some sort of custom under hood panels and inner fenders. The power plant is up it the air too. Ls1 with fabricated intake, good old big-block??? It will definitely have a "modern look to it"

• 2 months later...

Hey everbody, sorry updates have taken so long, college is keeping me busy!

I put some wheels under the camaro, 80's style centerlines (I think) with the centers painted black. I built the front grill out of sheet plastic and halfround. I was able to save the kits headlights and turn signals.

IMG_6430.jpg

I'm still undecided on a power plant. Im thinking a LS based motor out of Revell's 99 Silverado with a different intake. Inspired by other work on this board, ( and this kits horrible inner fenders and lack of detail) I decided to create a custom underhood "plate." Here it is in the early stages of mock-up.

IMG_6431.jpg

Any other engine sugestions? Progress will be slow but I'm determined to finish this car!

Beautiful build. Looks like you saved it big time. I really like the hood. Im building a pro touring one myself. Its a great kit. I will prolly end up getting another one, lol. I like the panel for the engine... Ive been thinking of doing something similiar since I actually cut out the wheel wells. Check my buuild out if you get a chance.

Engine bay needs older powerplant, modern engines don't fit into these classics, IMO. You have nice wheels in it too, and it looks excellent otherwise, so I wouldn't install there too modern engine, either.

Why not to put basic SBC or BBC with Victor Jr. Intake manifold and some other little speed parts. Much nicer and more interesting, I would say. ;)

But as I said, otherwise it looks excellent, keep it going!

PM sstacey47. He casts an Arias hemi out of a truck pulling kit-couple that with his underhood injected blower set up & you would have a uniquely Sinister powerplant that should fit under that power "bulge" ! LOVE what you've done so far, please keep it up, Bart.