Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell KS Pittman 41 Willys

JPolli

Just picked up the new Revell KS Pittman 41 Willys kit. The instructions call for a red body. However, looking at various reference PICS, the car was more of an orange/red. Anyone know the color of the 1:1 car or have any paint color suggestions? Thanx.

Slixx decals always lists the color of the cars they provide decals for. They show the '33 and '40s Willys to be either: Metro Paints 'N7 Red' or Realistic Paints #1012 Red. I searched for both, but didn't find much. The results took me back to Slixx and other business related info. I found two colors on eBay, but not yours.

I found this site that lists lots of vehicles' factory-painted Matador Red (as Lone Wolf added). http://paintref.com/...i?color=Matador Red&tditzler=5824&rows=50. They even give a sample color next to each one. Maybe you could find an auto store that has a matching touch-up paint for a particular car.

Donn and Ted

Thanks for your reply. I found Matador Red at MCW Auto Finishes. It is listed under their Racing Colors as S&S Auto Parts (60 Gassers) #5601. Donn, hope to talk with you at the NNL East.

Jim