Model Cars Magazine Forum

62 Ramchargers

Ramcharger

I'm cleaning up the old project stash with another Ramchargers car, this time the 62. I used a Johan 62 Dodge body and a Lindberg 64 Dodge chassis & motor. The decals are custom made and the slicks are resins from Modelhuas. I used a soda can and wire to build the throttle linkage. I weathered the chassis because most tracks back in the day had dirt and gravel pit areas. I started this project several year ago and couldn't get the decals right so I boxed it up. Comments welcome!

060.jpg

061.jpg

062.jpg

063.jpg

069.jpg

Well done! You did a terrific job on the body. The foil work must have taken some real effort.

Did you leave the hood up in the rear on purpose? That is how we would get fresh air to the carbs on the non-scooped cars. The tech guys frowned upon it but we all did it anyway!

WF

Well done! You did a terrific job on the body. The foil work must have taken some real effort.

Did you leave the hood up in the rear on purpose? That is how we would get fresh air to the carbs on the non-scooped cars. The tech guys frowned upon it but we all did it anyway!

WF

It was easier than I thought to foil the car, the 64 Marauder is worse! The hood is open at the rear on purpose for the reason you mention, good eye! I guess everybody ran them that way back in the day.

Any idea where I can get a set of the decals for this car

I have 1 more set i got for a back up, shoot me a PM and we'll work a deal.

Yes on this build and the hood up for "fresh" Air . My friend was ordered to close it up ! "Sorry - Sprung Hood !" I think allot of this was going around those days . He was allowed to compete . This build is

quite excellent . My first time here . The title attracted me . I built both The Plymouth Fury & Dodge Dart 440 of this year as powered as this . Factory Stock is my Genre and so is my pair in Black over Red . Did you have a use for the original Chassis . If not , want to trade it off , please PM me ? "Where's the keys ?" Thanx ..