Model Cars Magazine Forum

Can a dead garage door opener be fixed?

Harry P.

Update for Dan, who I know is following this thread breathlessly...

New circuit board arrived this afternoon. I'll install it tomorrow.

I have no idea how you'll be able to sleep tonight... the suspense will be killing you! :lol:

Geez Harry, this drama has been building for nearly 3 weeks and you still are going to wait another day to get it fixed? It must not be that big of an issue if you can spend all this time checking/ordering/testing all of the aforementioned parts before finally fixing it!

I am as cheap as the next guy and love the challenge of fixing things but I can promise you I would not have taken 3 weeks to get this done, one weekend at most!

I will be sure to tune in tomorrow to get an update on "As the garage door closes" :D

I am as cheap as the next guy and love the challenge of fixing things but I can promise you I would not have taken 3 weeks to get this done, one weekend at most!

No way to diagnose the problem, order the replacement parts, wait for them to arrive, and install the replacement parts... all in one weekend. Unless you have some sort of magical control over time. Besides, it's not like I'm dealing with a kid on life support. It's a garage door opener. Not exactly critical.

That new board probley didn't work and Harry just doesn't want to tell us that his garage door opener has gone to the garage door opener beyond.

Hey Harry take a break and go on down to the Sox game tonight, and than tomorrow you can tell ua that your going to get a new opener.

We'll all understard, I think.