Model Cars Magazine Forum

Idea for a new addition to the forum.

Hey, Gregg or Jairus,<p>

Do you think it would be possible for one of you guys or maybe Larry Greenburg to post "a peek in the box" pics here, when we do get something new (or reissued) on the shelves. That way it's not like buying Cracker Jack ( no suprises inside). The topic possibly would need to be locked like the Links topic just to manage the size of post. Thjis is not to replace the reviews in the magazine but to enhance it. Sometimes a kit has been out awhile before the review comes out. I have thought several times after reading a review I will purchase the kit only to find it hard to find, because it is popular.<p>

Just a thought that occurred to me while replying to the post in BIG BOYZ about the Gullwing Mercedes. His pics motivated me to purchase.

Sounds like a good idea! Might not need a special column all by it'self but still very possible under General stuff.

I don't receive any of the new kits unless I buy them but maybe we can twist Greggs arm to post pics prior to publication. 8)

• 11 years later...

The question I have is that since those old threads are buried pages and pages deep in the forum, how exactly do people find them, fish them out , and reply to them? Maybe Shaun could explain how he stumbled upon that old thread?

I participate in another forum. If I try to reply to an old thread (few moths old), when I bring up the reply screen I see a warning pop up informing me that this thread is old and that I might want to consider starting a new thread. But if I ignore the warning it will allow me to reply anyway.

All wonderful suggestions come from the most unexpected opportunities...

It appears that there has been an increased interest in Hot Rods and Customs (HRs&Cs).

There has been some discussion among a few Brother Modelers here about enlarging the circle of builds to include said HRs&Cs as it's own entity.

HRs&Cs encompass a history dating back to pre-war vehicles to modern day works of art.  Imagine a world without them!?.

As management, you yourselves have ventured into the realm of HRs&Cs one time or another.  Face it, we all appreciate the automobile and their cousins the boats, motorcycles and trucks.  And, we are seeing them all slipping into the past far too quickly.  Government officials and law makers are taking away the last bastion of individual means of transportation left to us by our founders.  Our art may be the only survivor.

We have the ability to chronicle our hobby here on the MCM Forum.  Let's do it!  Let's turn this great stage into our theater staring the past, present and future of our collective hobby and passion.

Yours always,

KK

5a2fd3010d35d_KRKustomsRodsNamed.jpg.24fef840348e31b6befbffe1d0925642.jpg