Model Cars Magazine Forum

1979 GMC MAD Van limo finished (Under Glass)

• 2 months later...

HI MCM. Well if your wondering what happened to me, Well I'm 39 years old and I've been diagnosed with a terminal cancer of the appendix and abdomain. I am recovering from surgery, my world got flipped upside down, I had to leave my home, my job, my friends, I am fortunate to have my Mother and Father to invite me (back) into their home. Me and my dog are happy here, I'm struggling through the Chemo therapy, settling in more and more every day, and I'm slowly back to working on my little 1/24 scale world.

• 2 weeks later...

Those G20's are my dream car's!

I'm 15 and my dad had a '91 G20, then he wanted to sell it, came 2 guy's but they weren't interrested 'said my dad'.

But the van was sold, he lied, my world tumbled down (really).

I was angry for 2 day's and mad at everyone!

I learned to drive in it, it was weak but I had character.

I slept in it for years on Belgian Car Meeting's, parents had a caravan, I just fell in love with it, the style, the V8 rumble, the..

I miss it everyday, it's been gone for like 2 years and now there's a '03 Tahoe in place of it, it's a fun car too, but I am not that attached to it like the Van.. :(

Seen it previous year on a car meeting, they were just trashing the Van, we where sitting in front our caravan, and there was a drifting G20 passing and, it was the one, they were drunk and trashing on it.. :(

I got mad, turned to my dad, said 'you shouldn't sell it to those guys!'

He said 'yes I know..'

He surely was missing the Van, can't remember a lot of things happened over 5 years ago, but if there is onr thing I remember, the Van played a role in it.

Your building a nice van!

Sorry 'bout spamming your topic but wanted to tell a vanner. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks Jamie,

This thing has become a body man's nightmare, Yeah she's wavy, lumpy, grumpy, a little messy as well. (don't ask) but I think I'm able to work with it now, and a few decals will hide a few spot's!! here's hoping!!

I feel bad you had more room in your box, I could have popped in a few Corvette stuff. Next time! give me a wish list. what do you need? Rear ends? motor's I have more Corvette stuff than van's believe it or not! but I've never build a Vette, only for parts!

Keep rocking on that garage too Jamie!

• 3 weeks later...