Model Cars Magazine Forum

Forum Troubleshooting - Picture Problems w/Internet Explorer? Look Here

Sixx

You don't need to click the image box. Just click inside the message box like you normally post. Then, go to your Photobucket. Pick your image, hover the mouse in the upper right corner to bring the drop down menu. Click on "share links". Another box will appear. Click on the IMG code. Come back here, right click and click paste.

001_zps59740faf.jpg

Thanks for the help so far people ! Im still working on it, but I let you know how it goes..........

Click here, Martin: http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=81824&p=1059026

If you're using Internet Explorer (IE) as your web browser, you'll most likely need to click the "Compatibility View" option in the header bar to make IE work better with the forum...or switch to Google Chrome as your web browser and enjoy smooth sailing. :)

So I'm not sure if anyone else is having this problem, but I seem to be unable to post new threads at the moment. I recently switched from Chrome to Firefox on my laptop as Chrome was quite the resource hog and running really slow. At first I thought maybe it was just an issue with Firefox, but the same thing happened in Chrome when I tried again. I was trying to post a new WIP thread in the car section, and when I hit the "Post New Topic' button, the little green progress bar did not appear at the top of the window and I got kicked back to the forum index rather than the topic list for the car On The Workbench section. I am running Firefox and Chrome current versions on Windows 8.1.

EDIT: I was able to get the thread started on my phone and paste in everything else (phone is running Android KitKat and Chrome).

Edited by kataranga

So I'm not sure if anyone else is having this problem, but I seem to be unable to post new threads at the moment. I recently switched from Chrome to Firefox on my laptop as Chrome was quite the resource hog and running really slow. At first I thought maybe it was just an issue with Firefox, but the same thing happened in Chrome when I tried again. I was trying to post a new WIP thread in the car section, and when I hit the "Post New Topic' button, the little green progress bar did not appear at the top of the window and I got kicked back to the forum index rather than the topic list for the car On The Workbench section. I am running Firefox and Chrome current versions on Windows 8.1.

EDIT: I was able to get the thread started on my phone and paste in everything else (phone is running Android KitKat and Chrome).

I had a similar problem when I tried to respond to a post in an existing thread. I wrote a couple of paragraphs on my Android tablet, using the Android browser, and when I tapped "Post," I was kicked out to the forum main page. I tried it again on a Windows computer running Chrome, and the same thing happened. I tried without quoting the post I was replying to, I tried typing the post in a word processor program and then copying the text into the reply box, I tried removing the hard-returns I had separating paragraphs, and the same thing happened each time. I even tried PMing my reply to the member, and I received an error message that a PM must contain more than three characters, when I had typed in two full paragraphs.

I have posted other things in the same thread, and other threads, with no problem. The only thing I can think of is the forum software may have choked on some of the local names I had mentioned in my attempted post.

Edited by Danny Lectro

Chris and Danny, were the posts in question in the Model Trucks section?

Hi Casey. Mine was in the General section, particularly in the "Michael's - What's your opinion?" topic. It also happened when I tried PM the user I was trying to reply to.

I remember having something similar happen just one other time in a different thread, but unfortunately I don't remember which one.

Thanks!

Edited by Danny Lectro

• Gregg unpinned this topic