Model Cars Magazine Forum

Paint Booth Venting

Guest G Holding

Well, I have an Artograph booth, dual fan, downdraft and the 3rd stage filter (activated charcol) must work...I get solids, no odors, and no I am not in a submarine, and use a water trap

Edited by G Holding

Some good advice guys, thanks!

My booth does have a filter in the back. I'm planning on using it right next to the window, so it should be a unobstructed flow. And as for the Happy Wife Happy Life, you have no idea how cool my Wife is. When I mentioned my concern about over spray on the house, she reminded me we plan on painting next spring. Plug it in and "see what happens" was her comment....

A while ago I got this really nice small spray booth and this thread piqued my interest. I'm really terrible with math so on the subject of venting I had an idea. I too will vent out a window on the front of my home and have vinyl sidding, and do not want to stain it either. My systems has an air flow of 3 cu.m / min. What if I put some fish tank filter medium in the vent duct and used a boster cage fan to add to the vent speed of clean filtered exhaust. Comments and input will be apprecieated.

A while ago I got this really nice small spray booth and this thread piqued my interest. I'm really terrible with math so on the subject of venting I had an idea. I too will vent out a window on the front of my home and have vinyl sidding, and do not want to stain it either. My systems has an air flow of 3 cu.m / min. What if I put some fish tank filter medium in the vent duct and used a boster cage fan to add to the vent speed of clean filtered exhaust. Comments and input will be apprecieated.

At the moment you are only pushing 84 cfm (per your 3 cubic meters per minute) and that's not much for a Paint Booth.

Sure, add the squirrel cage fan and if you must, cram some Aquarium Filter Floss in the ductwork.

But, inserting that Floss and then removing it when it is dirty is sure going to be messy.

I dont like lint, hairs, dust, or microscopic strings of fiberglass anywhere near my paint area.

My homemade tabletop Paint Booth is pushing 240 cfm and I would not consider building anything with less power.

CadillacPat