Model Cars Magazine Forum

New Beetle Hebmueller

Harry, yeah I do rememberthem lil bugs like that,NEVER saw one, but I have seen pics of them. Were they ever imported here? They sure do look neat! I was just wondrin IF VW had one over in Europe that we weren,t gettin over here! That would be a COOL idea! A Volksie sport job! How cool would that be?, all Turbo'd an slammed?!! :angry:B)

Hebmüllers were never sold by VW here in the US, although a handful are here nowadays; any you see here are/were 'gray market' cars. Hebs were sold and serviced through the domestic(Germany) dealer network.

Another reason you rarely see them is because the Hebmüller Coachwerken factory burned in the summer of 1949. :angry: Including the prototypes and the post-fire models assembled by Karmann, they still numbered less than 700 cars. The most recent accounting had the worldwide Heb population at just about 100.

The top pic is the facility today, while the bottom pic is from 1949:

524976.jpg

Edited by VW Dave

I love these little cars, my sister sparked my interest in them when her first 2 cars were beetles and now My father-in-law has a back yard full of them. I am just waiting on when he will let get at the vendetta bug that he has :blink::o

Amazing though, I have never built a beetle. I dont even have a kit of one. :(

Amazing though, I have never built a beetle. I don't even have a kit of one. :(

WHAT!!!!

That is a shocking revelation. You must correctify that misunderaquisitionning.

Bob and Dave, I am seriously considering doing more vintage beetle and bus stuff. People like them, I like them, what's not to like about them. I like the Heb Hi-Boy. Very, very cool! :o:blink:B)

WHAT!!!!

That is a shocking revelation. You must correctify that misunderaquisitionning.

Bob and Dave, I am seriously considering doing more vintage beetle and bus stuff. People like them, I like them, what's not to like about them. I like the Heb Hi-Boy. Very, very cool! :)B)B)

Heb Hi-Boy gets my vote if you are thinking of doing any others! :oB)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Chris V

Cool looking "New Heb"!!!

As the others mention, we really need someone to do a decent early bug (either split- or oval window ) in resin, preferrably as a transkit for Tamiya's nice '66.

Yeah - how about a resin of this one...

YES!!! I'm about to start this project. Thanks for the photos. I'm planning to do it using 1:25 Revell's model. Should I use Tamiya 1:24?

There is an old beetle Hebmuller version in resin. Master by Tim Wizard

tin_wizard_tw8010_1.JPG

Rear pics???? No.... :):D

Andy, very nice work! Congratulations!

Edited by Drago

YES!!! I'm about to start this project. Thanks for the photos. I'm planning to do it using 1:25 Revell's model. Should I use Tamiya 1:24?

There is an old beetle Hebmuller version in resin. Master by Tim Wizard

tin_wizard_tw8010_1.JPG

Rear pics???? No.... :lol::lol:

Andy, very nice work! Congratulations!

Here ya go Drago...

Dsc09598-vi.jpg

Dsc09599-vi.jpg

Dsc09600-vi.jpg

Dsc09601-vi.jpg

Dsc09602-vi.jpg

Dsc09603-vi.jpg

Dsc09604-vi.jpg

Dave, thanks for the pics of the Heb Hiboy. Very cool! I am thinking hard of doing it!

Thanks for the kind words, Fernando. I am glad you liked the New Heb. I will try to get the New Split molded soon. It is almost ready. It will cost less since only the body is needed.

I just finished the molds for this one! I have them on Ebay or you can contact me by PM. It fits on the Tamiya New Beetle and has had the front and rear ends smoothed out for a more custom look.

heb3-vi.jpg

heb4-vi.jpg

Thanks for looking!

HA TOO KOOL!!! :) I did a Sketch on a Legal Length Notepad(The Long one) back in High School that was along the same lines yours... That was around '96 or '97, after I had seen pics and mag sketches of the New Beetle Concepts..... I called it Heb-Revisited, since the Hebmullers( American Bastard Translation, it loosely means the Herbert Miller Coach Works) were my Favorite Variations of the Beetles......

• 4 weeks later...

Andy,

I have a perfect ScaleKraft original early VW Heb kit including the interior, split dash, bumpers, fender skirts, banjo steering wheel, interior panels, convert boot & uptop that have been soaked clean, but has not been painted that I will be listing on ebay shortly. I am clearing out the rest of my collection of rare VW stuff. I am keeping a few projects like the ScaleKraft Stoll (for now). I also built the Hasegawa Beetle chassis, lowering it and narrowing the front end, plus I detailed a set of porsche crableg fuchs to approximate that 2 toned red & cream, slammed "Nostalgic Look" early Heb custom that someone showed on your thread.

If you are interested in this ScaleKraft Heb before I list it on ebay let me know.

I will post some pics later.

empinut@aol.com

Bill Murrieta