Model Cars Magazine Forum

Meet Dirty Vicky

A.R.C.

I havent posted many pics of my finished rides since I`ve joined here and figured its about time I did. I`ll start with the one I call Dirty Vicky.

Its an AMT 32 Vicky I built a few years ago with a few mods. A sectioned body with a chopped top. I didnt want to Z the frame so I reworked it in the front to give it a little more swoop. The motor is out of the AMT 53 Ford flipnose p/u with carb and velocity from the bottom of a parts box. Tires and wheels front and rear are from the 56 Ford Victoria 3n1.

As a lot of you, I build all my models as how I would build them if it was a real ride but of all the builds I`ve done, this is the one I would bring to life if I could. Enjoy

SDC10196.jpg

SDC10195-1.jpg

SDC10243.jpg

Thanks guys. I did have a good time building it. Even though its a relatively simple build its my favorite one on the shelf. I look at it sometimes and think, "man I can only imagine how nasty some thing like this would be on the street".

Its the original grill Wheaton. I just gave it a light wash, added solid black paint in select spots then gave it a light spray with a plastic prep which dulls and crackles the chrome.

Hahaha, geez I must have did a good job if ShinyJim even likes it.

I cant take credit for the idea Luna. I saw this done in a 1:1 34 Ford coupe about 10 years ago. I lost the pics of it or I`d post em up. It was dont up in a salt flat racer style and was to this date the coolest coupe I have ever seen.

Thanks all.