Model Cars Magazine Forum

5 model cars or trucks you wish were made.

New Super Duty F350

1977-1978 Thunderbird

1978-1979 Dodge Magnum XE

1977-1978 Chrysler New Yorker Brougham

1977 Pontiac Can Am

-MJS

Now we're talkin'...

57 Desoto

Jaguar XJ6, XJ12, XJC (coupe) or Eventer. (The Eventer was a beautiful hand made station wagon).

58/60 T-Bird (new tool in 1.25th)

52/54 Lincoln

Any Vista Cruiser

I also think a new 50s wagon would sell well, eg. 57 Ford.

It doesn't matter whether it would sell well. This thread is about what YOU want.

Edited by Junkman

1) 1/25 1970 Plmouth Barracuda/'Cuda - any trim levels, options, etc. are fine. We just need a modern, well-engineered kit, such as Revell's 1/25 '69 Camaro kit, which will be a standard for twenty years

2) 1/25 1970-1973 Pontiac Firebird/Trans Am/Formula - I'm not picky. :D I realize the 1/24 Monogram kit isn't exactly worn out, and the body is pretty accurate, but that kit was one of the last "Monogoram style" kits to be created. See second sentence under #1.

3) 1/25 '74 Pontiac Trans Am Super Duty 455/Formula 400 - This could (and should) be based on #2 above, but I think the '74 nose is the best of the '71-'76 Pontiac F-body bunch. Let's face it, a Buccaneer Red Super Duty with a screaming chicken on the hood makes for some sales-inducing box art. too! :)

4) 1/25 '70-1 Dodge Challenger, as mentioned in an above post. Again, see sentence #2 in suggestion #1. The AMT kit is not worth building, and the MPC and JoHan kits are ridiculously outdated. Yes, the Monogram 1/24 T/A still holds up very well despite it's early '80s origins, but the standard is now 1/25, so don't fight it Revell.

5) 1/8 '57 Chevy Bel Air 2-door Hardtop (Sorry Chuck. :lol:), to later be released as a modified re-issue in the form of a '55 Chevy Bel Air 2-door Hardtop.

5) 1/8 '57 Chevy Bel Air 2-door Hardtop (Sorry Chuck. :lol:), to later be released as a modified re-issue in the form of a '55 Chevy Bel Air 2-door Hardtop.

As long as it's 1:8 scale, you would hear no complaints from me if such an animal were kitted.

(I'd much rather see a 1:8 '55 though. :P )

Here is 5 I would like to see done..

Cobra Daytona Coupe, full detail

Ford GT-40 Mk I, with full detail, not the out of proportion ones that IMC did, a new tool

Oldsmobile '77 442, NASCAR version, it was THE racecar for several years

64-67 Ford 4-cam powered Indy car kit, new tool of a Lotus or Lola would be nice to have

48 Packard, maybe a convertible

We may see one of these, some are probably a reach!

1) 1991 Isuzu Impulse RS with full engine and transmission detail. (and i don't want to alter a geo storm promo)

2) Ford Shogun with full detail

3) Ford RS200 Group B with full detail

4) 1980s Cadillac Coupe DeVille (or any 80s caddies for that matter)

5) McLaren F1 GTR (not diecast and full detail) - i would prefer Fujimi to make an enthusiast series of this car.. that'd be sweet!