Model Cars Magazine Forum

I usually build OOB with no extra detailing beyond paint/foil. This is my first (finished) attempt at something other than box stock. I used a '60 Chevy P/U, grafted the back half of a F350 dually onto the frame, planted a 348 W motor from a '62 Belair because I didn't think the 235-6 would be up to the job, and then added the camper from the Model King reissue of the Racer's Wedge/Camper. It was a lot of fun and has given me some confidence to try a couple other projects that have been lurking in the dark recesses. I especially enjoyed building a kitchen sink/stove/fridge as a change of pace!

SAM_0062.jpg

SAM_0061.jpg

SAM_0060.jpg

SAM_0058.jpg

SAM_0057.jpg

SAM_0056.jpg

Thanks for looking!

A racer here in Winnipeg had a light blue one like yours in the mid 60s with what I can remember the same style of camper. Had a big

block Chevy in it, and they used to pull a sprint car to Grand Forks N.D. every friday night . He later sold it to a friend

of mine, Craig Beischer, who used it to go to the races every week for years to come. Its still sitting in his back yard. He has since

died and his son owns it now. He's started to fix it up, and will travel to Motocross races with it like his dad did. He says it will

bring back memories and its a bit nostalgic. Yours looks real sweet. You've done a very good job. Be proud and don't be afraid to try

something different..........