Model Cars Magazine Forum

Jeep CJ-5 Snow plow. Test Passed, pag 2.

Wow! Is that nice! Beautiful. Too beautiful to use in the snow. Is that the old MPC kit that came with the half cab and plow? I sure wish they would reissue that kit with those parts put back in.

Scott

Thank you Scott! Yes it is the old MPC, with half cab and snow plow. Agree it would be nice to see a reissue of it. It is a fun kit to build!

Great looking build, and I love your puppies. FYI on the spring tensioners, They were usually made of a black rubber band about a 1/4" in diameter with small metal hooks that you could slide around to hook onto the side links on the tire chains. This would help to keep the chains from moving around when you were driving or spinning your tires. It also kept them from dropping off on the inside of the tire and getting wrapped around you axles. I used to live in the San Bernardino National Forest at about 5000 ft. in Socal. My fingers are just now getting their feeling back. You might look at your wife's sewing kit for some black thread to use.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you all guys! :)

@David, Thanks, I already made the spring tensioners, but it does not shows in the lap picture with the dog. Too close/blurry.

@Filter, the wheels are stock. But the tires are modified. I made them bigger, the one in the kit are too small and they don't looks good in my opinion. Also the hub lock on the front wheels is scratch built, the one in the kit is too small. Danke! :D

• 2 weeks later...