Model Cars Magazine Forum

Kurt Wilson`s: 23 T` Bucket new project 10/9/12

John Teresi

Hello........thanks guys for the kind comments........I did some work on the interior.......the white is painted H.O.K. white and misted with H.O.K. snow white pearl........I added sticky back felt paper for carpeting and painted it "Folk Art" Blue Acrylic water based paint ....... I made a velvet backing for the back of the seat.......I mocked up the interior and bed for last fit and progress photos.......I will sand the body one more time and give a last clear coat.......thanks for looking.

DSCF5316.jpg

DSCF5305.jpg

DSCF5296.jpg

DSCF5310.jpg

DSCF5306.jpg

DSCF5311.jpg

How did you do the steering wheel rim and rivets?

Hi Harry.........the steering rim is box stock ,I just painted it a wood grain look.......I used "Folk Art" brand acrylic water based paints ......white first,then I dry brushed light brown,then dark brown.......I hand drilled a couple of turns into the rim......all the way around the rim.......then I added "Pro Tech" .040 nut and bolt ends.......then misted a clear coat over the rim.......thanks

Hello.......thank you all very much for the kind comments.........I got the last clear coat on the body........I attached the firewall, windshield and glass and the dash.........I modified the drive shaft .......and ran the fuel line to the bed........the steering wheel is mocked-up for test fit.......I also opened the back of the seat a little more for a bigger piece of velvet backing.......and made some tail gate hinges........i will paint them Alclad.........thanks for looking.

DSCF5368.jpg

DSCF5363.jpg

DSCF5367.jpg

DSCF5325.jpg

DSCF5350.jpg

DSCF5342.jpg

DSCF5347.jpg

Hello.......thank you all for the kind comments.......I Googled Mexican blanket images........and sent them to my good Buddy Art Laski........I asked Art if he could print the images on sticky back computer paper......Well,I got them today and finished up the interior.......I also installed the gas tank and electric fuel pump........I got the license plate and tail light on too........thanks for looking.

DSCF5399.jpg

DSCF5404.jpg

DSCF5411.jpg

DSCF5406.jpg

DSCF5401.jpg