Model Cars Magazine Forum

AZ modelers in the White Mt fire areas

pepperdrumstix

I live in Phx AZ and have been watching the local and national news reports about the large out of control wild fires in Eastern AZ in the White Mt area. I know Tim Peticost lives in an area recently evacuated and I know there are other modelers up there in the danger zones and I wonder how they are doing. Would like to hear they are OK and doing fine.

Patrick Mitchell

I live in Phx AZ and have been watching the local and national news reports about the large out of control wild fires in Eastern AZ in the White Mt area. I know Tim Peticost lives in an area recently evacuated and I know there are other modelers up there in the danger zones and I wonder how they are doing. Would like to hear they are OK and doing fine.

Patrick Mitchell

Patrick,

I got your message; I share your concerns for our good White Mountain Modelers friends and their families.

I have not heard from Tim (Pentecost) or the other guys (Brian Heap, Gene Snyder, and others), so I don't know how they are fairing. I'm afraid they are in the evacuation zone. Even the guys who live in Luna (NM) are in harm's way.

It's getting really bad - critically bad - out there, and I'm sure they have their hands full ~~ too busy to post here or send email. I'm not going to call Tim - he's got much bigger fish to fry and doesn't have time to talk - but when he can, we'll hear.

Just keep up the good thoughts for them all and say some prayers for them!

Standing by ...

B)

Patrick,

Update on Tim Pentecost ~

He and family have evacuated from their home; they are staying outside the fire region with friends and he has taken his built-up models ... they don't know what to expect; they are safe but their home is in danger. The other White Mountain folks are apparently okay as well.

:lol:

Thanks Dan. I was watching the local news tonight and it was stated they had maybe 1 to 2 % containment with a fire the size of Phx. Fire was spotting in Springerville and Eagar. I can't imagine what those people are going through. To just wait to see if your home is burnt or not. I am praying for them. Patrick M

To all of our modeling compadres in Northeastern AZ and our friends in Nutrioso my wife and I will be praying for you. I'm sorry to hear that Tim and family had to evacuate, hope their home is safe and away from the fire line. Thanks for the update Dan and please let us know if there is anything we can do.

I just heard today Sunday the 12th of June they were allowed back into their homes again. Smoke is bad but most returned. Don't Know if Tim's or other folks homes were burnt or damaged or not touched, yet. This fire is now the biggest wild fire in AZ history burning an area over 430.000 acres--nearly 600 square miles and heading into New Mexico. Over 10.000 people evacuated. The fire is only 6% contained at this point. Strong winds are making it hard to control and fight. Thankfully no one injured or found dead. They say this was a camp fire left un-attended that started the fire. The other 2 large fires in southern AZ are also man caused. Thankfully Tim and others are OK and able to return home.