Model Cars Magazine Forum

Out Of Production Resin & Aftermarket Products

• 1 month later...

You have absolutely no idea how bad I've been wanting one of these.

Well start building then...

truckbedstretch-vi.jpg

I have a truck I'd like to build myself. I keep procrastinating hoping someone will do the conversion and sell it as a resin. Of course that will only happen once I do the work.

I thought it might be a good idea to post and list some long out of production resin casting businesses and/or their products for future reference, as there were many interesting and unique items produced which may never again see the light of day, save for the secondary market.

Let's start with Pinecrest Resin's Ford offerings:

Pinecrest.jpg

Man would I love to get my hands on the '87 to '91 single cab!

• 4 months later...

What happened to Clint Freeman Components!?

He got tired of having his stuff repopped so he closed up shop in 2005. I have a bunch of his stuff, it was top notch. CFC came after R & C trucking. Clint was the 'C' in that operation.

A couple of the R & C engines and maybe a couple other things carried over to the CFC line.

Occassionally his stuff shows up on ebay and goes for a lot. I remember a couple of his Cat engines going for about $170 each last year.

Edited by Thatswhatshesaid

I saw this thread before and had a comment about it, but kept my trap shut. I guess I'll open it now. So how would someone who had the equipment, knowledge, capital AND several desirable resin kits be treated if they were copied and made available?

That would depend on weather the original caster was still in business. I have a former AAM kit in my catalog (with permission). So do several other casters. Now, if one was to copy somebodies stuff that is still in operation,,,,,,,,,, you my be frowned upon.

• Xingu pinned this topic