Model Cars Magazine Forum

Al Hanna's Eastern Raider Pinto funny car

ratnasty

If anyone remembers the Mickey Thompson and Eastern Raider Pintos from Revell we remember how hoakie the chassis was and how the car built up . I have added a side spill plate to the bottom of the body and shaved away the original one away that wrapped way under the body and made mine tapered from 5mm to 8mm and the Challenger chassis from the model king fits the wheelbase perfect.I also raised the radius on the front wheelwell with my dremel just a bit .Here is my mock up so you can see what I did . I hope you enjoy it and let me know what you think of it so far

thanks Chuck

DSCI1663-vi.jpg

DSCI1662-vi.jpg

Edited by ratnasty

Great job Chuck....I had this kit when I was kid and was able to get one off ebay a while back. I forgot how hoakie these kits were until it arrived. After seeing the changes you made in the body, you've got me thinking about pulling mine out of the closet and working on it. I never thought of trying the MPC chassis under but looks like a good fit.

Thanks for resparking my interest in the kit.

Happy modeling, Vernon

Thanks guys , the Revell pinto is smaller than the JoHan pinto and this is more correct as far a the front end and spoiler. I only made the roof hood and deck decal the rest were from the kit but I'll be drawing these decals as I'm going to have the body casted . The MPC Challenger chassis is the only one that will fit without heavy modifacations Chuck

Thanks guys , the Revell pinto is smaller than the JoHan pinto and this is more correct as far a the front end and spoiler. I only made the roof hood and deck decal the rest were from the kit but I'll be drawing these decals as I'm going to have the body casted . The MPC Challenger chassis is the only one that will fit without heavy modifacations Chuck

So does the Revell Pinto use a different chassis than the rest of the Revell line up, like the Revellution or JJ Vega

Looks sweet so far - definitely interested in at least one of these. Are you using the chassis from this kit?

$(KGrHqF,!qsFBfPHLPTdBQoZuFDsTg~~60_12.J

That really looks great, sits much better on the new chassis.

I had the Revellaser back in the day and that chassis was really weird.

Kinda looked like it got caught morphing from Revells first funny chassis in the Heavy Hugger & Boss Mustang, to the much more accurate style as in the Jungle Jim Vega, McEwen Duster, etc.