Model Cars Magazine Forum

Build Preparations - Suggestions, Ideas & Comments

geardriven

As I stated in my introduction, I have a few kits I'd like to build... Some will be close to "box stock" while others will take on a variety of changes and modifications. Here is what I have and my intentions. I will list, what I consider the easiest-to-most complex.

AMT Pro Shop 1958 Edsel - I am doing this "quick kit" for a reason. Including myself, their are three modelers at my place of employment. One of the office girls was born in 1958 and she has a shelf in her office which contains an amass of trinkets where these cars are displayed. We three have started to build car models for the year 1958.... We currently have a '58 Impala and a 58 Corvette and shortly,...The Edsel... Pretty much "box stock" with a little detail as their is a little friendly competition amongst us three builders.

AMT 1971 Plymouth Duster - will be built pretty much box stock. Will be using a set of Missing Link Plymouth wheels with poverty hub caps. Primed with rattle can Tamya Fine White lacquer, Tamiya Italian Red as the car color and Tamiya Matte Black for the hood and side glass blackout.

Could use some suggestions on under hood wiring detail (sources for pre-made distributor cap & wire and other under hood suggestions).

Also the blackout around the side glass/roof...???? Shoot which color and then mask....? Red first...???.... black first.

Thanks.

Other projects:

Model King 1971 Mercury Spolier stock car....Box Stock with some detail parts to assimilate realism.

Johan 1970 Olds 442 - want to convert to a 1970 Cutlass Rallye 350. I have the Johan kit, "Freds" decal set and the Modelhaus Olds W-30 Hood, wheel and rear spoiler conversion kit.

Revell 1970 Pontiac Trans Am - "Box Stock" plus upgraded detailing. This is a build to represent the first car I ever owned .... A 1971 Trans Am. ( I am seeking the MPC 1971 kit for my collection - see "Wanted")....but I would like to build the 1970 as a close version to satisfy my shelf desires....

1964 GTO (Arnie the Farmer Beswick's ProMod "Tameless Tiger). I have given very little though on this one. I suspect this would be a kit bash project or something with a lot of scratchbuilding techniques involved.

I know I need a '64 GTO kit and Slik Decals makes the 1/25" decal sheet for it. I suspect I would need to get another GM "A" body kit with a ProMod tubed and tubbed chassis. I was considering a Gibson engine kit.

I am wide open for suggestions on this one.....

'

Edited by geardriven

http://www.madmodeling.com/store/index.php?app=ccp0&ns=catshow&ref=distributors&sid=s652e88k12at9649pn1497r9l3ts1wp2

They make a nice prewired Distributor.

I see you are new here so take a good look at the resin and aftermarket section. this link is also listed there.

Not a pro at all but I have always been told to paint the light color first. A few topics have been about two tone paint on here. Just noodle around.