Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lets See Your Replicas of Yours/Your Families Cars

Platerpants

Heres my daily driver a 2009 Dodge Challenger B5 Blue R/T Classic Edition

1.jpg

And here is my model of it. Built from Revell's Challenger before AMT brought out there Classic Edition kit.

DSC00112.jpg

Here is a replica of my brothers 1972 Nova that I built shortly after REvell released there first Nova kit.

gallery_3456_126_39174.jpg

7-1.jpg4.jpg2-1.jpg Here's one from about a year ago. Yeah it's one of those from the Old Navy stores. I don't know what I was thinking but, it got cut up along with my S-10 and turned out like one of my models when I start cutting. :lol: Also some pictures of the 1:1 the day I sold it. 019-2.jpg

I always wondered what happened to those trucks and the old woody's they put in the Ron Jon Surf shops. Im curious to know how you even got a hold of it and what ended up happening to it?

• 3 weeks later...

The first car that my wife and i got when we were married and moved from the Bronx,NY to Long Island, NY was a 1967 Ford Galaxy that we bought from my Aunt for $300 in 1975.

These are the only pictures I have of the 1:1 car...

1967FORDGALAXIE.jpg

Here are some pictures of the model I made with the help of a dear, departed friend. It started out as a '67 Galaxy convertible, and it converted to a 4 door with the hardtop from the '65 Galaxy.

1967FORDGALAXIETHREEQUARTERFRONT.jpg

1967FORDGALAXIEREAR.jpg

1967FORDGALAXIEREAR.jpg

1967FORDGALAXIEENGINE.jpg

Day 1: march 2000, picked up for $100 and a $25 tow bill, only pic I ever took

SIDEREF.jpg

Only need a new cam and lifter set

Dropped in a two pump/4 battery setup

BR016.jpg

100_3431.jpg

100_3432.jpg

100_3433.jpg

100_3434.jpg

Ended up blowing the engine in 2001 the night the heading home from a superbowl party, didn't know the engine had a bad oil leak,

sold it for $800 mainly for the wheels/hydraulics

I have two.

My very first car was a '53 Studebaker Champion coupe with 327 Chevy, Muncie 4spd, Honest Charley motor mount kit, Hooker headers, radiused rear wheel wells (I built that!), handbuilt mahogany dashboard with Stewart-Warner guages, and slated for four bucket seats, full length mahogany console, custom upholstery, Cragars, and candy apple red paint. It was an ambitious project for a teenager. Got it about half done before a ton of outside issues doomed the build. I built a replica of the concept.

Studebaker531stCar001-vi.jpg

Studebaker531stCar002-vi.jpg

Studebaker531stCar005-vi.jpg

My second car ~ and first-ever brand new car ~ was an order-sheet custom '69 Camaro Z28 with stripe-&-logo delete, vinyl top, and hockey stick stripes. It was an awesome street sleeper.

I've never gotten around to building a model of it. One year at Christmas, my late, great friend Andy "Moose" Kallen surprised me with a 1/18 scale replica he built for me ... from a die cast ... with help from the Lovely & Gracious Mrs. B. She found some 30+ year old Kodak Instamatic pix of the car and sneaked them to Andy. He even accurately miniaturized the front license plate, although he took a little {ahem} artistic license with the rear plate.

The pix Andy worked from:

MVC395F-vi.jpg

The result:

MVC389F-vi.jpg

MVC390F-vi.jpg

MVC391F-vi.jpg

MVC392F-vi.jpg

{Look familiar, Tom?}

B)

That so cool Dan.

Actually that's how I got the 1/18 pictured above. A friend that came to our store regularly got with my wife Barb to get old photos and made the car for my birthday one year.

That was done using the old Ertl car. My next one will be from the new Ertl tooling with the realistic hood and door hinges. I also will go with the 10in Ansens on the rear and narrows on the front.

That so cool Dan.

Actually that's how I got the 1/18 pictured above. A friend that came to our store regularly got with my wife Barb to get old photos and made the car for my birthday one year.

That was done using the old Ertl car. My next one will be from the new Ertl tooling with the realistic hood and door hinges. I also will go with the 10in Ansens on the rear and narrows on the front.

Interesting that we both had a Frost Green '69! Small world. There weren't that many on the road in that color.

Besides the fact that they were just pure beautiful, especially with the black stripes, I really liked the fact that you didn't see every other Camaro in the same color as yours.

B)

Interesting that we both had a Frost Green '69! Small world. There weren't that many on the road in that color.

Besides the fact that they were just pure beautiful, especially with the black stripes, I really liked the fact that you didn't see every other Camaro in the same color as yours.

B)

You are correct about not seeing very many. There was a 69 Chevelle in Frost Green w/blk stripes running the streets when I had mine but no other Camaros.

Ertl and Highway 61 has produced over 150 1/18 scale 69 Camaros and not one of them in Frost Green, Can you believe it?

I miss that car more than any other car I ever owned.