Model Cars Magazine Forum

The blackest Gloss Black?

I'm looking for a gloss Black, non-metallic, and a brand other than the hobby brands. I've tried a couple Duplicolors but they seem to be metallic black. Does Duplicolor make a straight gloss black without metallic? What other brands might you suggest?

Thanks,

Doug

"Universal Black" Duplicolor is opaque black with zero metallic. If you're getting the metallic it's because you're buying the wrong stuff.

P/N BUN0090 is "Universal METALLIC Black"

What you want is P/N BUN0100 "Universal Gloss Black"

Thanks Mark. I'll go shopping tomorrow!

Question about HOK....there website is overwhelming....is their paint urethane? lacquer? Im interesting in thier paint...but where would I buy it in small amounts? Are all their paints the same in regards to primer/basecoat requirements?

Thanks Mark. I'll go shopping tomorrow!

Question about HOK....there website is overwhelming....is their paint urethane? lacquer? Im interesting in thier paint...but where would I buy it in small amounts? Are all their paints the same in regards to primer/basecoat requirements?

The best place to get it from is Black Gold in Arlington,TX. They carry both lacquers & urethanes. I use lacquers.

Prime like you would for any automotive or hot paint.

http://shop.blackgol...=5&categoryId=2