Model Cars Magazine Forum

Update on 33 Dodge, build up now in " On the Work Bench Forum " !

Yeah I would probably be interested in one as well. '36 through '38 would be another cool Mopar pickup too.

My brother's high school ride was a '34 Dodge pickup. Body was painted the deepest maroon ever the fenders were black, big-n-littles with chrome reverse Ford wheels slight drop in front by removal of one leaf and one leaf in the rear. He made his own bed wood kit in red oak while working in a cabinet shop. It had a '48 Chrysler Marine engine in it, we had a heck of a time getting it running. we were getting ignition parts for the '34 engine which wasn't timed in the distrubutor (cap) like the '48 engine so it cracked and popped but wouldn't idle at all. Once we took the distributor in to the parts house the crusty old guy behind the counter recognized it right off, told us it was a marine distributor with the right parts it started up after sitting for almost 20 years. He split the exhaust and ran two long Cherry Bombs. Sixes and Cherry Bombs were made for one another! It still sounded like a boat at idle (Duh!). I saw a '33 or '34 at a show a couple of years ago which was all black it had Hawiian Koa bed wood, absolutely one of the prettiest wood beds ever.

Hey guys.

I just thought i should let every one know i will be getting measurements from two guys very shortly, one here on Oz and the other guy in the States, so once i get the measurements i will be able to start work on it. And yes this will be a stock one, but i may consider a chopped version further down the track if anyones interested !

Regards.....Rob.