Model Cars Magazine Forum

Finished - Sun Chaser custom bike.

Lyle Willits

DSCN6064-vi.jpg

Started with a R/M Crusader kit. Reshaped the frame tubes, extended and raked the gooseneck, shortened the forks, made a wide tank from two tanks, made a wrap-around rear fender from two fenders, fender supports made from sheet plastic, sheet plastic body panels, seat was doubled in thickness and mounted on springs.

DSCN6059-vi.jpg

Primary belt assy. turned out and teeth groves cut all the way through. Scratchbuilt belt guard, linkages made from silver wire and plastic. Horseshoe oil tank was sectioned and mounted between frame rails.

DSCN6069-vi.jpg

Scratchbuilt mirrors with chrome mylar faces. Scratchbuilt carburator. Aircleaner is a modified 1/25th wheel cover from the parts box. Paint is Duplicolor Orange Mist with white to yellow feather flames hand painted, all buried under lots of Duplicolor Clear Lacquer and polished A LOT!

DSCN6067-vi.jpg

Flush tailight is Bare Metal Foil with several light coats of Tamiya Clear Red.

More pics here if ya want:

http://public.fotki.com/mamaprez/lyles_mod...les__race_cars/

Lyle can you send me high res images and story on this?

Lyle! Don't do it! It's a trap!

Seriously, I am constantly amazed at what you do on the bench. Muscle cars, street rods, factory stock, street machines...and now you're gettin' your groove on with the choppers. All of it outstanding. All of it impressive. All of it very creative. Yikes!

• 1 month later...

Lyle, I didn't see this back in Sept when you originally posted it. I wish I had because I would have stolen some of your ideas. I guess I will use them on my next build. I have copied a couple of your pictures for referrence, if that is OK. I really like what you did. Very nice paint job also.

Lyle, I didn't see this back in Sept when you originally posted it. I wish I had because I would have stolen some of your ideas. I guess I will use them on my next build. I have copied a couple of your pictures for referrence, if that is OK. I really like what you did. Very nice paint job also.

Terry, copy all the pictures you want. There are more at the link:

http://public.fotki.com/mamaprez/lyles_mod...les__race_cars/