Model Cars Magazine Forum

39 Chevy gasser-outside my comfort zone-finished

slammedi'am

Well Im stepping out of my norm here....Got a few thats being finished up and started mocking this one up....Front wheels from the AMT 56 Fairlane and tires from the 49 Merc....Still not sure about the rears yet.Still debating to go with or with out scoop...Gonna use the s/c 427 supplied in the kit...Im gonna do some more research before I decide on colors..

First thing first...Get rid of the exhaust

001-4.jpg

Mock up

003-4.jpg

004-6.jpg

Scoop(un decided on which way or even have it on there)

005-5.jpg

006-6.jpg

Mock up at box stock and wheels drilled to fit

007-4.jpg

008-6.jpg

Edited by slammedi'am

I like this project; you're off to a good start! I think the hood scoop looks good. My only suggestion; the rear wheels in your first photo appear to me to be too "modern" for a 1960's-era gasser. It looks like you went to a different rear wheel in your last photo, but it might also be a little too modern-looking.

Of course, wheel-choice is entirely up to you and whatever wheels you think look the best on your build! (I've build many a race car with wheels that weren't "correct" for it, but they just had the "look" that I wanted).

oh wow......ok better leave them on there then. i didnt know that was a requirement....the 33 willys i did i left the headlights out. dang! i would have been disqualified!

keep it goin, lookin great so far. youve got me thinkin about a gasser project now.

cheers

bryan

i just looked at those requirements, and never realized that gassers had to have interiors as well..... i guess my 33 would be considered an altered. thanks for the list, never hurts to learn something new!

cheers

bryan

Havent got to mess with any of them much this week.Been getting my truck ready for Good Guys this weekend in Nashville...

But I finally decided on rear wheels ans tires.....Picked up the AMT 4 pack of M&H tires and using some wheels from the stash...May paint spokes gray on it...

004-7.jpg

001-5.jpg

006-8.jpg