Model Cars Magazine Forum

1970 1/2 camaro 2jz gte swap

jdmfan

I agree with Robert, but I reserve the right to demand equal time for the "Bowtie Brigade: How about stuffing the Supra kit full of CHEVY POWER??? :):lol::D:P

its has been done . ive seen pics and vids of supras rx7's wrx's and even a civic turned into a rear wheel drive car with a chevy motor in them. heres a vid of a civic

• 1 month later...

Pretty cool.

Paint is NOT where it needs to be.

Bob

What are you talking about ? Paint is fine . The pics are bad cause of the back ground choice I used at the time . The black caused a bad reflection on the paint .

........Ditto!

I'm also a Chevy guy . But I like all brands of cars and currently drive a Toyota daily and an El Camino for fun !

Chris , Very nice looking Camaro . The stance is perfect . And the engine looks great ! But if it were mine I think I'd scrape off the Toyota sticker .

Chris, your Camaro is awesome plain and simple. There's been a lot of this "old vs. new" thing going on here on the forum. Dont ever let people like that get to you (and it appears that you dont, which is fantastic). Keep on building what YOU want. And let me say that I always look for new threads by you because your building style, creativity, and execution is always right on (to me). And an internally stock 2JZ can produce TWICE the power output of a typical 502.

Chris, your Camaro is awesome plain and simple. There's been a lot of this "old vs. new" thing going on here on the forum. Dont ever let people like that get to you (and it appears that you dont, which is fantastic). Keep on building what YOU want. And let me say that I always look for new threads by you because your building style, creativity, and execution is always right on (to me). And an internally stock 2JZ can produce TWICE the power output of a typical 502.

Thanks mike I appreciate it . I was going to bring up the fact that a 2jz can make more power on stock internals than a 502 but I didn't want to hear the arguments . My buddy has a 94 supra with complete stock bottem end and a bit of head work , exhaust , intake and a big fmic, and a good fuel set up , hks big single turbo (I think i was a t51r ) and he put down 804 rwhp . Now it fully built and a completely different set up and he dynoed 1084 rwhp .

it's a nicely built and painted model. i like they way you've built up and detailed the engine, very nice.

SHINY :) :) :) RULES! But a Toyota engine in a Chevy? Very different. Beware of feedback from the purists.

it's not like it's a REAL chevy anyway :blink:

• 8 months later...

Very cool. Great paint. I love the engine too - nice details and fit.

I don't know why people have qualms about cross-brand engine swaps. Why not put a powerful, cool looking engine in a cool looking car? Forget where it comes from, judge it based on looks and performance. Well, performance is kind of hard for a model, but perceived performance, I guess.

It's not that I don't like these engine swaps,it's just they make things awkward . Imagine you saw a Toyota Celica with a 351 Cleveland in it, Might be cool but it sure is weird.