Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tommy Grove F/C

Pro Tech

Very NICE Charlie, did you use testors metalizer paints, looks great!! :D

Thanks guys!

Pappy, I only use metalizer paints on the smallest of small parts (brushed) as I don't use an airbrush for any paint work, I hate the set-up/clean-up :D

• 1 month later...

Well I got a "little" more done on this. Installed the following Pro Tech parts - plug wires, plug wire looms, plug boots, fuel line with hex fittings. I then mildly weathered everything to give it that "real world' effect. On to the tire/wheel assembly! Thanks for looking!

Charlie

Pro Tech Model Parts

TommyGroveengine4_zps7322b4eb.jpg

TommyGroveengine6_zpsd6d61337.jpg

TommyGroveengine5_zps80ba4b51.jpg

TommyGroveengine7_zps1f628e79.jpg

Hey Charlie... Its great to see you back on this. the detail looks great. I am looking forward to more. On another note... Have you thought about doing spark plug wire looms in 1/16th scale to fit your 1/16th scale plug wire??... hint hint ;) ... :lol:

Edited by Mooneyzs

Looking Great! Your work is always impressive. Those Metal Finishes are really nice and that combined with spectacular detailing looks very good.

My Pro Tech Braided Lines are somewhere between Miami and Finland... Can't wait. :D

Charlie......Great work!!!!!!!.......a note to all fellow modelers.......you gotta use "Pro Tech" products.......that`s all I use ......they are the best. :wub:

John.... I have to 2nd this Charlie's parts are some of the best in the business and Charlie is a great guy to do business with and he is a great guy.

Thanks guys for the kind comments, really appreciate them! It's been hard trying to get some progress on this with other things in life keeping me busy. Who knows, at this rate maybe I'll have her done by decades end :lol: :lol: .

Chris, I have thought about the looms in 1/16 but don't think the market is there yet. Good idea though!

Charlie

Pro Tech

Charlie... I think I have you beat on getting progress done. I have been on my funny car for over 2-1/2 years now and I need to finish it so I can move on to someone builds I have planned lol. No worries on the looms. I totally understand. I am trying to figure out what I can use for them for my Army Vega F/C. I almost wish I had my own home photo-etch system at home ...lol

Get to the bench when you can and I will be looking forward to your next update. I just love how clean your work is.

• 2 months later...

Thanks guys, well I got a "little" more done on this. Wheels/Tires are complete with added detail using Pro Tech's hex fittings (PTMC 25) for lug nuts and machined aluminum valve stems (PTMC 72). Next, I installed Pro Tech's racing harness (PTMC 17) revised to represent a vintage style (a tutorial how to do this is on my website) on the kits seat. Till next time, thanks for looking!

Charlie

Pro Tech

TommyGrovewheels-tires_zpsbbd2fd73.jpg

TommyGroveseat-harness_zps5ba122ef.jpg

Edited by Pro Tech