Model Cars Magazine Forum

CBs Auto Body

CB

as usual, I got inspired by all the other great stuff I been seein :o:blink: on all these threads and just had to make my own dio. Here's where its at right now. Using 1/2" rigid foam insulation board that'll be covered with thin posterboard 'cement blox' and 'metal panels'. The base is 27"x41". A big thanx goes out to Gramps for helping me figger out the figgerin out :angry: . I'm basing it on my neighbor's grandpap's old gas station that's just down the road from me. He used to sell gas, and Fords! there while I was growin up, and my parents bought me my first car from him when I was 15. Yep, for $75, I got me a 1957 4dr 3 on the tree straight 6 turquoise Chevy. :lol: Hmmmmmmmm.....guess I'll hafta stick that in here somewheres

wallstapedtogetherformockup-vi.jpg

for more wip pix, here's the clink to my fotki

http://public.fotki.com/V866/cbs-auto-body-diorama/

Edited by Crap'n Blaque

:blink: ######'n,Iz loooken goood! Like my cousin Ricky's auto body chop,open 24 hr.no cover charge anytine!I likey the junk out ona side! Even the ol seat so's folks can watch traffic comin down tha road can have a place to sit!Really authentic! I gotta tell ya ######'n It shore looks like It'll be a killer place to hang out.Keep me a cherry coke ina cooler! :D

:blink: ######'n,Iz loooken goood! Like my cousin Ricky's auto body chop,open 24 hr.no cover charge anytine!I likey the junk out ona side! Even the ol seat so's folks can watch traffic comin down tha road can have a place to sit!Really authentic! I gotta tell ya ######'n It shore looks like It'll be a killer place to hang out.Keep me a cherry coke ina cooler! :D
Hey George, I do gots the pop mawchine planned for it. you wanna 1/25, 1/24, 1/18, or a 1:1 cherry coke? :o

:D ######'n, If'n ya need a coke machine, I'm purty shore I gots on out back I ken sen ya,But wot about a Lay down kind with the slidin lids?I member them from wen I was a kid.Or how bout a plane ol icebox?Or maybe one o them newfangled kine what got the compressor on top of it?Shoot, ######'n,Whut about an ol warsh tub full o ice? :rolleyes:

tryin to come up with a do-able, bewievable bwock wall fo CBs Autr Body. this is lightweight poster board scribed with ball point pen then black acrylic paint sponged on for some texture, then lighter acrylic paint drybrushed on. Mortar lines then gone over first with the ball point pen -naah, so then colored pencil which works mucho better. If'n I had the right color :D it woulda been most excellent. Anyhow, got that part down, then add some white chalk (pastel) scraped over top of the 'blocks' lightly. This lightweight poster board will be pasted to the rigid foam insulation board which is making up the structure -(more wip pix in my fotki: )

rattyblockwallwork001-vi.jpg

attyblockwallworkatCBsAutoBody-vi.jpg

:lol: rat's eye view of CBs Auto Body ratty block wall work & a couple ratty GMs

Man, Gramps, you think doin 12 hinges fer George's doors is monotonous? :blink: try scribin 1200 seement blox somtime - I'm gonna have me a Popeye right arm by time I get CBs walls done :blink::P

As fer the pop machine, I'm thinkin the old style what had the door ya opened with all the bottles layin flat. Hope to find some pix of one and I'll build it. Hopefuely CBs won't get no bad boys stealin pop outa my machine :lol: like I used to do when I was a kid. Laundrymat on my paper route had one of these kinda pop-achines. Figgered out that ya did'nt need no money to get pop outa them machines, just a bottle opener and a cup :huh: coz the door opened whether ya put any quarters in or not :o . Since I'ma good boy now :D , I cant go into details as to what ya do with the opener an the cup :lol:

Guest Gramps-xrds
Man, Gramps, you think doin 12 hinges fer George's doors is monotonous? :blink: try scribin 1200 seement blox somtime - I'm gonna have me a Popeye right arm by time I get CBs walls done :blink::blink:

As fer the pop machine, I'm thinkin the old style what had the door ya opened with all the bottles layin flat. Hope to find some pix of one and I'll build it. Hopefuely CBs won't get no bad boys stealin pop outa my machine like I used to do when I was a kid. Laundrymat on my paper route had one of these kinda pop-achines. Figgered out that ya did'nt need no money to get pop outa them machines, just a bottle opener and a cup coz the door opened whether ya put any quarters in or not :blink: . Since I'ma good boy now :lol: , I cant go into details as to what ya do with the opener an the cup ;)

######'n like I said before you totally amaze me sometimes. To be honest I didn't think you had it in you ;):huh: That block wall looks fantastic ol bud, no matter how long it took, it was worth it. You are doing one super job, I'm proud of you. ;):P

try scribin 1200 seement blox somtime - I'm gonna have me a Popeye right arm by time I get CBs walls done :D:lol:

Hello there friend! Now thats funny stuff and makes from some great bricks by the way excellent progress on the dio! Keep on wit the keepin on!!

peace

ajulia

:lol: ######'n didja get that? Bill says he's PROUD o'ya! Mebbe ya can use yer pull to get us r jobs back!My EPA suit is all duk taped up now since I been usin it to clean up pigeon sh8t from the roof of a local gayroge! talk about toxicwaste! them dam pigeons DON'T MESS AROUND!!!! See if he'll do it for ya, caz them dam pigeons is makin me Coooooo.....Coooooo!( Get it? Cooo...Coooo?)See I tol you!!!! ooooo I don't feel so goood! :P:lol::lol:

:lol: ######'n didja get that? Bill says he's PROUD o'ya! Mebbe ya can use yer pull to get us r jobs back!My EPA suit is all duk taped up now since I been usin it to clean up pigeon sh8t from the roof of a local gayroge! talk about toxicwaste! them dam pigeons DON'T MESS AROUND!!!! See if he'll do it for ya, caz them dam pigeons is makin me Coooooo.....Coooooo!( Get it? Cooo...Coooo?)See I tol you!!!! ooooo I don't feel so goood! :blink::lol::lol:
George! Did Gramps put pigeon poops on yo gay-rage?! :P

Hey thanx everbody fer the kindly words. Yeah, the scribin of the mortar lines on the lightweight poster board is monotonous and tiring, but well worth it. Bout the only other alternative would be to make a few thousand 1/25 cement blox and 'glue' em all tagether, and I did get so crosseyed I actually did consider that :lol: . Thank you Gramps! fer the idea o da pigeon poop! :lol: You musta put dat on George's gay-rage right before you shipped it coz we didnt see no pics o dat! Didncha leave George a note tellin him it warent real pigeron poopdoo? :huh: Hope he don't fall offn the roof & get banged up! :lol::P:blink:

:lol: ######'n Dint have no pigeon poop on my gayroge caz I had me a Daisy Air Rifle! You know If you leave them pigeon carcasses layin around, the rest of em'll see them an stay away!Who said they was dum?Besides with all that practice, I madesharp shooter in the service, and it came in usefull in da Nam!!! :lol::lol: Edited by george 53

###### it now i have to do a shop for my lowriders

that should be awsome

any suggestions on what to use

Hey Kevin, I assume you'v probly seen the pix alot with the lorider sittin purty in front of some graffiti covered wall, but ifn ya haint, like Clay says, the foambord bout the easist way to go, hot melt glue it together, cover it with spackling to make it look like stucco. For stuff like garage doors, and trim round doors & windows I use the lightweight posterboard that they sell in the grocery store and the craft store. Best stuff is the cheapest, the white. It's not too thick, you can scribe it with a ball point pen to make yer folds and it is fairly sturdy. Paints up nice, kinda like 1:1 wood. Dude, with your imagination, you gonna post some imcrebbile hangout ;) and it really sets off yer builds

Hey Kevin, I assume you'v probly seen the pix alot with the lorider sittin purty in front of some graffiti covered wall, but ifn ya haint, like Clay says, the foambord bout the easist way to go, hot melt glue it together, cover it with spackling to make it look like stucco. For stuff like garage doors, and trim round doors & windows I use the lightweight posterboard that they sell in the grocery store and the craft store. Best stuff is the cheapest, the white. It's not too thick, you can scribe it with a ball point pen to make yer folds and it is fairly sturdy. Paints up nice, kinda like 1:1 wood. Dude, with your imagination, you gonna post some imcrebbile hangout :( and it really sets off yer builds

cool thanks

im thinking on doing a big time garage to hold all my caddies and the other lowlows i have

where would i be able to get the lifts from

###### it now i have to do a shop for my lowriders

that should be awsome

any suggestions on what to use

See crapn what u start. U are going to make me buildone too. Just mine will be used for housing projects and rat rods customs and ol schoo low ridas.

ive got some huge plans going through my head

it should be awsome but you guys will have to wait and watch

tha's what we love/hate bout you Kevin.......yer always makin us freakin WAIT! :lol::blink:

tha's what we love/hate bout you Kevin.......yer always makin us freakin WAIT! ;);)

the prolem is i have a ton of kits to get done befor the route 66 show

the other problem is im still tryin to work things out in my head on exactly how i going to make the shop

when all that is done then work will begin on it

until then i still have you in my scope

untitled-1.jpg

;):lol::lol::P:P:lol::lol::lol: