Model Cars Magazine Forum

2013 Cannonball Run CBP

Nick Winter

The unbiased judges comes into play in the event of a tie, that it all.

Nick

Coin toss would do as well, but OK.

However, I think Jant has a point. This being a nice friendly helpful place where they will bend over backwards to keep us happy (unlike where we came from) maybe a politely worded request to the right person at the appropriate time could get the number of poll options raised?

Here is some progress on my Viper. Got the engine done, is all box stock except I added some spark plug wires coming from the coil packs. Technicaly the coil covers should be red, but i thought they would look pretty cool with carbon fiber on them. I'm hoping to add a few more hoses once the motor is installed. Hope you guys like what you see so far.

IMG_0395_zps813a6ac5.jpg

IMG_0394_zpsa8b6b094.jpg

IMG_0396_zps74ebc18a.jpg

Been working on the engine lately and this is what I got

post-10605-0-73454000-1361436355_thumb.j

Made the intake, plenum chamber, fuel rail, fule pressure gauge etc.

Inside the garage, up on the lift.

post-10605-0-29653100-1361436372_thumb.j

And this is an early mock up of the stance and overall look, Needs a ton of bodywork...

post-10605-0-68256100-1361436428_thumb.j

Jan, that thing is looking killer, shaping up to be one of the more fearsome builds, hope to see it at the starting line.

As for myself I'm working on my cars, well I haven't started on the GTX yet but I'm working on the hot rod, I should have something to show in a few days.

Nick, could you please get me on the entry list? I just noticed I'm not there yet, my enties are a 32 Ford Sedan and a 67 Plymouth GTX. :)

Edited by TFchronos

been a while since i've posted some updates but it got some cage work done, finished the tinwork, and figured out what ill be doing for the engine.

101_1767_zps54eee2cc.jpg

101_1765_zps67b1ce57.jpg

and i got the nasty gap filled

101_1776_zpsdeef5c6d.jpg

and im not shure what ill do for the carb but it will either be a air cleaner, velocity stack, or an air pan

101_1759_zps85fa26f9.jpg

air pan

airpan_zpsda9e7ab8.jpg

i got the holes from where the exhaust ended in the rear valence i think its called? anyways i also got the pin holes in the bottom of the hood filled, and filling gaps on the chassis. i still need to get the other tub finished before i can get some paint on the chassis

101_1777_zpsac5206fa.jpg

101_1778_zpsf20ac0a8.jpg

101_1779_zpsdce388b1.jpg

Edited by Dragfreak

Nice work so far everyone.

Jan, that thing is looking killer, shaping up to be more of the more fearsome builds, hope to see it at the starting line.

As for myself I'm working on my cars, well I haven't started on the GTX yet but I'm working on the hot rod, I should have something to show in a few days.

Nick, could you please get me on the entry list? I just noticed I'm not there yet, my enties are a 32 Ford Sedan and a 67 Plymouth GTX. :)

I can do that, didn't notice, haven't had much time lately, been working 10 1/2 hour days and working on my 1:1 project on weekends.

Nick

Since the "Cormaro" is a cut 70's funny car body, the front is, in real life, only a fiberglass facade to imply the look of a Camaro. The grill, lights & bumper are molded in and relatively flat.

Front-Face-Original_zpseb061aa8.jpg

I didn't think I could make it look real so I exaggerated it by extending the grill opening and drilling out the fake headlights...

Front-Lights1_zpsf55a53e5.jpg

Buckets from the Revell '53 Chevy fill the holes and contribute to the extruded look of the front end.

Front-Lights2_zpsc74b4586.jpg

Almost looks like a fish face saying, "OMG we're gonna win!"

Front-Lights3_zpsb5423467.jpg