Model Cars Magazine Forum

POCHER 1/8 Aventador

The half-molded differential and shaft boots are a negative surprise in an $800 kit...

Where else did they skimp?

Its there if you look at the Parts layout...the top half is on the same sprue...they might of just left it out for demo purposes

Some parts will need detail painting, gloss/satin/flat, black wash, etc. if you want the model to be as authentic as ppossible. Not everything is the "correct" color right out of the box.

Agreed....You'll have seam lines/gaps that might need putty and sanding...so painting might be needed...I'm going to paint everything anyway..it looks a bit too "plastic" for me...

When are these arriving at the doors of those that have pre-ordered?

I pre-ordered mine from Scale Auto Works...They are expecting to get their shipment of (white) kits in late October - early November...So I'll expect my (white) kit mid-November by the time it gets to my door..The (orange) kits will be produced 2-3 weeks after the (white) is all complete...

Hopefully you and Harry will post entertaining WIP's for us to drool over...

I'm going to wait until some aftermarket/transkits come out for this before I start my build...besides it'll probably be to cold to do any painting (garage) by the time the kit arrives,

I still haven't decided if I want one.

I'm in the same boat. I have so many projects on I would have to finish a few more before I could justify getting another kit. This is truly special though. Even if it sat in the cupboard for a while........

Ben

I wonder if the screw-fastened areas have undersized holes like the Rolls and Alfas did. Breaking of screws was endemic unless holes were chased first or the heat method was employed.

I hope that Hornby has improved that whole process.

That's an interesting question, and I'd very much like to know the answer.

I will say, though, that all preliminary indications show considerable refinement and advances over the Ferrari kits. The screws in those were somewhat more ham-handed than in the classic line, but they generally fit better into the bosses.

For the most part. :)

Ok, so Hornby now owns the "Pocher" name, but who actually tooled this kit? Hornby is a distributor, not a manufacturer, as far as I know.

I sent that question to Marvin at modelmotorcars.com. He may know, and he's usually good about answering my questions.

No sooner said than done. Here's Marvin's reply:

"Hi Skip,

They have developed the tooling and are producing the Kits in China in one for their factories.

Marvin"

Makes sense when you consider that Hornby, as one of the world's leading manufacturers of model trains, has been more than a distributor for decades. And as owner of Airfix and other brands, that makes them a model kit manufacturer as well.

Edited by sjordan2