Model Cars Magazine Forum

Unleash... The Muscle Truck!

• 3 months later...

Roadkill is awesome!!
February the 7th there will be another episode. :)
But your pics aren't working anymore :(

Yep. I broke my photobucket yesterday... It's on the list of things to do...

yeah, aint the frame on these trucks ridiculous?

if you want a little bit more accuracy, run your new frame rails to the front of the cab, squarebody frames are pretty strait, front to back.

i left the front half on to line everything up...

attachicon.gif245_opt.jpg

in retrospect, should have just made a whole new frame though....

I actually had a plan of something similar in mind. VERY similar. You practically read my mind on the hacking of the frame rails at the cab. I'll be updating this stuff soon hopefully.

I picked up the 77 gmc plow truck a couple weeks ago. I plan to build it for the sleeperball on here kinda going along with the theme of the muscle truck. The frames are terrible. I dont know how much of a difference there is in them but by the time I got done hacking all the 4x4 stuff off I had to put a pretty good layer of putty on mine. It looks pretty good now. The pictures wouldn't show up for me on the previous page so I cant wait to see what else you've done. The muscle truck is one of my favorite roadkill vehicles.

The truck I'm using is the older Monogram/Revell Hot Rod truck... which strangely enough is a different scale than the current Revell GMC and pretty much 100% different than the new truck... I'd much rather have the newer frame! But I'll be repairing the links on my threads soon

You are a much better man than me. I bought one of those Revell Chevy's and gave it away after I opened the box. I have since gotten my hands on a MPC '78 annual. I like the stance of this truck, but I juast cannot bring myself to do a model that does not shine. I look forward to seeing how the project turns out.

• 9 months later...

No, sadly. 

I've been working on a lot of my new kits instead of my rebuilders. But it's on the list. I'm working on the Crusher Camaro now, but I havent touched it in a few weeks. I also have to finish the General Mayhem as well. Soon.... Maybe after the Crusher is finished...