Model Cars Magazine Forum

'33 Willys AMT Review kit

cruz

This was a review kit for SA I did a few months back, nasty little critter, 80% of the time spent building this thing was cleaning up parts. All the chrome was replaced with Alclad and even though I cannot alter the kit because of the review, this one was one of those kits that just had to be dealt with.... :rolleyes:

lysSAReviewbuild2completion032-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

lysSAReviewbuild2completion029-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

lysSAReviewbuild2completion025-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

lysSAReviewbuild2completion023-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

lysSAReviewbuild2completion002-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

lysSAReviewbuild2completion028-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

lysSAReviewbuild2completion034-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

Looks great Marcos and I don't remember any problems when I built mine a couple of years ago. I did use a resin body and nose though.

Thank you guys and Nick, I wouldn't say I had problems with the build itself, just the heavily chromed parts full of mold lines all over. Wish I could have put some wiring and plumbing on that engine, surely lots of potential there!!

Marcos,

this car is great! Looks really nice, especially the paint finish.

But do you can do a WIP-Thread in future? I want to see how you build your cars in the single steps. :)

Thank you guys, lately I have not been doing this much because I have been very busy doing work for reviews and other articles. Hopefully I can do something down the road.....

Very good job as usual. I might just buy this kit. Which paint do you use for the body?

Thank you guys. Paint is Testors Light Blue enamel from the small bottles but I added at least 2 more bottles of white to lighten it more and simulate the real car. After this I cleared it with Testors Wet Look Clear.

• 2 months later...