Model Cars Magazine Forum

41 willys roadster

brett

Got the 1st wet coat on today , will give it a light wet sand and re coat in a day or 2. Nearly finished up the interior, going to put a nav sat cd player on the black piece.
DSCF8515_zps020705eb.jpg
DSCF8516_zps96ad35d4.jpg
DSCF8517_zps28ceba9b.jpg
DSCF8518_zps11acab57.jpg
DSCF8520_zps339c0d61.jpg

Cheers guys, get building and get posting.

I know you are past a main point on this build but if you ever do another one the easy way of doing the wheels is to cut the rear fenders off and then turn them and build the rear fender area back down as this will help the flow of the body and also keeps the wheel openings to the right size with out cutting into them. I built a car back in 2009 called "Concept 36" and that was when I learn how to do this as they did it on the real car to help the body flow.

thanks guys ,not quite as low as I would have liked it, to change it would require an almost total rebuild of the frame and interior. Not gonna happen at this stage (maybe in a couple years time) :).
DSCF8595_zpsf410bd78.jpg
DSCF8593_zpsb5584989.jpg
DSCF8598_zps54fd8d3d.jpg
I think the issue causing the issues is the automatic gearbox hitting on the floor just behind the firewall as the whole engine seems to sit a bit to the right of the car. Oh well, cant tell with the hood on