Model Cars Magazine Forum

have I ruined my decals?

I really blew it this afternoon, my wife got sent home early from work because of the snow here in Denver. I am working on my 2010 Shelby gt500, I was in the process of cutting out the really small decals that is used on the dash, and had a open bottle of "Micro Set" sitting close by. My wife asked me some question and when I went to look at her I hit the bottle of MS and it spilled onto the complete decal sheet, leaving the whole thing soaked, and then she takes the sheet to the kitchen and tried to use some paper towel to soak it up...which lead to the decals sliding all over and the sheet, one on top of another decal. I made it to the kitchen and looked in horror at what my clumsiness had begot.

So here's my question; will the decals still be viable after they dry? Will the buckling in the stripes crease them and is the whole sheet now just a throw away? Will Revell send me a new sheet of decals if I ask them nicely?
Any thoughts or knowledge about this would be very helpful.

You could try and salvage it, but my common sense says toss it and ask revell for a replacement. They are generally pretty nice about such things. As a last resort someone here may have one they didn't use. In the future, use a spray paint lid that has the secondary tube inside the cap to set liquid glues and micro set's in to keep from knocking them over.

Thanks for the info Magnum. I couldn't believe that I had left the bottle sitting so close without the top on. I always make a point of closing everything because I know that the worst can and by golly id did happen. I tried to salvage a few of the decals but they are so badly crimped they weren't workable. If my wife hadn't tried to use a paper towel or anything else to try to soak up the liquid they wouldn't have got so messed up. (I know blame the wife)
If I call Revell and they are willing t send me a new set how long will it take to get a new set?