Model Cars Magazine Forum

Police, Fire, Rescue CBP

Janne Herajärvi

that always seemed odd to me, first they knock your teeth in trying to get you on the ground

then the try to put thier knee through your kidneys, trying to keep you on the ground

after that they try to dislocate both you your shoulders getting the cuffs on you but when you get to the backseat all of a sudden its "watch yer head" :rolleyes:

What on earth were you doing to earn all that 'special handling?' :D

that always seemed odd to me, first they knock your teeth in trying to get you on the ground

then the try to put thier knee through your kidneys, trying to keep you on the ground

after that they try to dislocate both you your shoulders getting the cuffs on you but when you get to the backseat all of a sudden its "watch yer head" :huh:

What on earth were you doing to earn all that 'special handling?' :blink:

I don't know, but it sounds like he's had some experience at that!!! :P:rolleyes::blink::huh::blink::D:huh::huh:

nah...im clean

other than traffic violation and one count of asaulting an offficer i've been a good boy

(actually a funny story behind that asault charge)

one thing that really kept me in check was growing up near an airforce base

did you know MPs have jurisdiction to enforce civil law in a certain radius from where they are stationed?

i got pulled over for speeding by an MP once and he scared the snot out of me

i saw the lights flash in my rear view so i pulled over

watched him get out of the car, reach in and grab his M16

slinging that over his shoulder he started over to me, i didnt know what to think :angry:

Edited by diymirage

nah...im clean

other than traffic violation and one count of asaulting an offficer i've been a good boy

did you know MPs have jurisdiction to enforce civil law in a certain radius from where they are stationed?

slinging that over his shoulder he started over to me, i didnt know what to think :angry:

How about "Do I feel Lucky?"

G

nah...im clean

slinging that over his shoulder he started over to me, i didnt know what to think :blink:

Yeah, you don't want to mess with the warriorcops!

:angry:

Edited by Danno

well, got a little work done today

basically finished up the chassis and put some wires on the engine

finished up the rear end (just need to do some more work on the wheel wells to allow the wheels to turn)

and also made the mounting points (read "drilled two holes") for the front wheels

looks like this is where she will sit

utf-8BSU1HMDAyNTYtMjAxMTA1MTEtMjIzNi5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAyNTctMjAxMTA1MTEtMjIzNy5qcGc.jpg

Ok, I'm going to jump in with a 1948 U.S. Forest Service "Green Hornet" fire engine. I was lucky enough to get to check out this 1-1 example a few years ago. After it's service with the USFS it was transferred to a volunteer fire department that still owns it and uses it as a parade piece.

greenhornet.jpg

Ok, two days in and I'm already stripping paint. :lol:

I opened up the wheel wells 1-2mm to fit the larger wheels, but when I painted the cab & fenders... well it just didn't go well. B)

I've mostly drawn up the design for the pumper body, so at least I've got something to work on while the purple stuff does its job.

slapped some paint on her yesterday

(also did a ton of little detail work and the exhaust is drying as we speak)

paint on the body is rust-oleum classic white over grey primer

i wasnt sure when i bought this paint, it almost looked to yellow in the store but once it dried on the body it looked perfectly like what i had in mind

utf-8BSU1HMDAyNjctMjAxMTA1MTUtMTM0NS5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAyNjgtMjAxMTA1MTUtMTM0NS5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAyNjktMjAxMTA1MTUtMTM0Ni5qcGc.jpg

as usual, i didnt check the tachometer for windshield clearance when i installed it so this will be the last you'll see of that tach in this build

I finally got around to taking a picture of where I stand on the progress on my '66 Cadillac Ambulance-based camper. Pretty obviously, I had to do a TON of scratchbuilding for the camper body on the thing, but it's been fun so far. The chassis has beenheavily modified to support the body as well. Now I need to outfit the interior, since the roof lifts off to display it. The scratchbuilt A/C unit will be the handle to grab onto to lift the roof off. (I've also included a photo of the actual vehicle that inspired my build)

While I was at it, I dug up and dusted off another build I have going based on the same old Jo-Han kit. This one is about as different from a camper as you can get and still base it on the same model: It's a chopped, blown, Pro Street Hearse!

DSCN52740004.jpg

Possmguts61CaddyCamper.jpg

DSCN52690002.jpg

DSCN52700003.jpg

got some work done on the monaco

the exhaust is made out of 1/8th tubing, sprue and aluminum tube for the resonators

it was then painted with painters touch gloss black and then with allclad chrome

utf-8BSU1HMDAyODYtMjAxMTA1MjItMjAzMC5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAyODctMjAxMTA1MjItMjAzMS5qcGc.jpg

i drilled little holes where it mates to the turbos and put little metal wires in there to hold them in place

i did the same to a few spots on the chassis to ensure it doesnt sag and sits right