Model Cars Magazine Forum

This is a model of an El Camino I owned many years ago . It had a 283 / 4 speed and was painted Roman Red with the Impala trim .

The model is a Revell '60 Impala with the roof and bed from the AMT '59 El Camino grafted on . I had to lengthen the bed about 1/4 " to line everything up , and modified the tailgate and rear bumper . I used the Revell chassis and modified it to show the bed floor and a new gas tank . The headers and exhaust were made from aluminum rod . The engine and tranny are from the revel '63 Impala . The tires are from Fireball Modelworks and I don't know where the Cragars came from , they were in my parts box .

I tried to replicate everything just like it was , right down to the 1987 license plate !

Edited by TooOld

Sweet looking ride, Bob. And SHINY :) :) :) too.

Thank you Jim ! First time I've ever polished a model , I'm still learning !

Nice job! Too bad you didn't have a '60 kit, or did they ever make one? It sure did make a lot of extra work for you, and must say you pulled it off. That must have been a sweet ride back in '87.

Thanks Ron ! SMP made a '60 but they are pretty expensive even for glue bombs . And there are a couple resin bodies available , but they aren't very detailed .

What a great build. Engine and chassis are sweet. I am really impressed with the interior. Care to share how you did the piping on the seat?

Thank you John ! The patterns on the seats are decals they came in the Revell kit .

Very nice! Where are the headers from?

Eric

Thanks Eric ! I made the headers out of aluminum rod . Here's a photo of them .

59_zpsfda73c1a.jpg